11

"Can I come in?" I stood beside the door, secretly catching a glimpse into the room.

"Sure." He replied in a weak tone. I slowly came in and sat on the small chair besides his bed.

"Are you okay?" I asked, concerned. "You look so—"

"It's just a headache." He clasped his hands, hiding it under his blanket.

Sighing, I said "I was dead worried just now."

"You shouldn't be" He fixed his body on the bed, his back faced me. "You should go now. It's already late."

"But I just came..." I mumbled under my breath. "Well then, get well soon."

I jolted up from the chair making my way out while repetitively sighing. Is that really the Jaebum I used to know? I don't remember him being like this. I was kind enough to actually visit him and being all concerned and worried about his current state, although I know I'll do it either way. I closed the door and stood there for a couple second.

I was about to walk away when suddenly I heard Jaebum talking with someone on the phone. I shouldn't be doing this, but my instinct told me to.

This is going to be the last time I'm doing this. I took a step closer and moved my right ear towards the door, narrowing the gap.

"Don't tell the media about it."

"Warn them. Threaten them or something"

"I'm staying here for months." He sounds like he is in an argument.

"Cancel all of my schedules. Including the members, if they are fine with it."

Soon, his voice disappeared leaving me in awe. Is that it? Who is he talking to? And what it has to do with the members? Are they...going to disband or something? But it can't be since they are already a one successful boy group that is known by many, and disbanding the group, is really something else since they are free from any scandals and are talented.

I sighed, yet again and headed downstairs. "Mrs. Im. Thank you for letting me in." I bowed to her while smiling.

"Ah, Minhee. You're always welcome here. Send my regards to your parents." She stepped closer and patted my head. "Jaebum is lucky to have a best friend like you"

I slightly blushed and slowly shook my heads, left and right. "It's just a visit. Nothing much." I bowed for the last second and stepped outside. "See you next time around Mrs. Im" She sweetly smiled to me and closed the door.

I still remember the time when I was a crybaby and Jaebum is always there to protect me.

"Give it to me!" I cried, stomping my feets. "That's mine!" I cried even louder while trying to have a hold of my teddy bear, helplessly.

"I'm not giving you" He raised the teddy bear even higher than it was while sticking out his tongue. I couldn't remember his name but he has a very pale face and a cute nose. I don't know if it still remain the same but that's what I recall from the past. "Eat veggies you shortie"

"Give it back!" I continuously cried.

"Give it to her." Jaebum suddenly showed up and stood there, in front of him. "Now." In term of body, Jaebum seems a lot more stronger than most of the boy around his age which makes him looks scarier and tougher, I must say.

"Err.." He seems taken aback by Jaebum sudden appearance. He smirked and threw the teddy bear on Jaebum's face, quickly sprinting away; as if he's afraid to get into a fight.

"There you go." He sat besides me and handed my teddy bear. "I think we should stick to each other starting from now."

"Thank you" I wiped my tears and fixed my gaze towards him. "Are you sure about that?"

"Yes." He gave me a reassuring smile while patting my head.

At that time, the next second when it was an actual deal, I had a very strong second thought. I was afraid I'd get too attached to him, and it would be even worse as we gets older. And how funny it is that it actually happens and it is even more worst than I thought it would be.

We always had each other's back. Had.

1.2k reads! srsly thankyou so much for reading this fanfic im honestly speechless. pls note that ive always loved every single one of you. i'll constantly update starting next week. 

also, im sorry if this chapter is kind of dry. i sorta ran out of ideas but pls bear with it.

happy fasting to all muslims out there!