Chapter 2

ᝰ | ❝ say hello to everyone

     I can't believe my ears. It must be the same for the others, because theres a long pause before they react.

     "Are you serious?" Harry asks in shock.

     "Yeah." Jason replies with a smug smirk.

     "I knew you had a thing for Aracely, Boss." Jamir chuckles.

     "I hope you don't have an ulterior motive." Jordan warns Jason with raised eyebrows and i gulp.

     "Of course he has one." The detective budges in, chucking darkly.

    "H-Hang on a second." I hold a finger up and as i felt my face flush. Oops, i spoke without permission! Im going to get in trouble again!

    Jason stares at me as i pause, afraid that I'll get in trouble. "... Why are you so quiet? You're my woman. Speak freely."

    I scratch the back of my head while tilting my head down awkwardly. I'm confused because i didn't expect him to say that, but i manage to pull myself together. "But if I'm going to be your girlfriend, what about the woman who was just here?" I ask.

    "What about her?" He asks, a puzzled expression on his face.

    "Um, aren't you in a relationship with her?"

    He chuckles and shakes his head. "I don't have relationships with women."

    "Then why were you alone together?" As soon as i ask this, i realize how stupid i might've sounded. Of course, he doesn't do relationships but he does hook up with women. Im sure.

    "She approached me so i entertained her. Thats it." He shrugs, as if it wasn't a big deal. Thats terrible...

    "But what exactly do you mean by me being your girlfriend?" I want to know since he did he say he doesn't do relationships. "What about my job and my apartment and..." I ramble on stressfully as he stares at me while taking his phone out of his pocket and makes a call. Who is he calling?

     "Its me. Come to the penthouse lounge immediately." He says into the phone and i look at the others who were staring back at me with an unreadable expression.

     About two minutes later, someone enters the room. I widen my eyes as i see that its Mr. Kennett, the manager. "Im sorry for the delay." Mr. Kennett says.

     "For the time being... what was your name again?" he asks me.

    Huh? Jamir and Jordan called me by my name. Didn't he hear? "Aracely."

     "I'll be using Aracely here for the time being. She'll have to be excused from work occasionally." Jason says to Mr. Kennett as he nods in understanding of what he's saying.

     "Of course, sir."

     "Also... I'll be taking Aracely to the boutique downstairs to do some shopping." Jason says and my eyes nearly pop out.

     "Of course. It will be ready in five minutes." Mr. Kennett nods his head once with a tight lip smile.

    "Good."

     "I'll be leaving now, sir." Mr. Kennett raises his hand for a second as a farewell and leaves the room.

     "Wait a second. Why did Mr. Kennett... it was like he... I mean, I know you work for the McCann Group but..." I say, creasing my eyebrows in confusion.