Chapter 6

ᝰ | ❝ i think you've got the wrong idea

After Carolina took me to an abandoned warehouse by the sea, Jason and Harry rescued me.

"Don't you think your joke's gone too far, Carolina?" Jason asks sternly, his nostrils flaring.

"I-I'm sorry..." Carolina stammers nervously. "I was doing it for you, Jason..."

"Carolina, the best thing about you is your honesty," Jason barks. "Don't lie."

"I had no choice!" Carolina stomps her foot childishly. "I was jealous of Aracely because you love her so much. So I thought I'd show her by making her smell like a skunk!" She glares at me.

"A skunk?! I thought you were going to shoot me." I say with wide eyes.

"They're holding onto tiny bottles," Jason points out, looking at it on the ground. "I'd bet it has skunk scent inside of it."

"It was my ultimate secret weapon!" Carolina shrieks. I'm glad its not a gun, but I'm even happier they came to save me. I start to tremble when I imagine having skunk scent poured all over me.

"... Tch. I'm glad I'm not the one you fell for." Harry says, rubbing his neck with his hand.

"Harry..." Carolina whispers, seeming shocked and hurt.

"If you really loved him, you wouldn't do anything to upset him." Harry says.

"If I really loved him...? I can't believe I'm being lectured about love..." Carolina thinks to herself. "But that must mean you're genuinely concerned about me!" She gazes at Harry with a totally charmed look in her eyes. Don't tell me... "I've found true love..."

"Huh?" Harry's eyes widen.

"Aracely, you can have Jason." Carolina giggles. "Because now I have Harry!"

"What?!" Harry puffs out.

"Hehe... just as I planned..." Jason laughs maliciously.

"Jason, you...!" Harry groans.

"I guess she prefers cool guys like you." Jason laughs.

"You've gotta be kidding me!" Harry says loudly, turning around to leave.

"Waaaah! Wait, Harry!" Carolina calls out to him while following him. "Now I understand why Fang likes you so much!"

"... Jeff, its me. Bring the car around!" Harry growls into a phone I didn't notice he pulled out. He then runs out of the warehouse with Carolina following close behind.

"Wait, Miss Bucci!" Her two henchmen chase after them and now Jason and I are alone.

"Um, thanks for coming to save me..." I say timidly.

"I don't like it when people touch things that belong to me without permission." Jason responds.

"How did you know I was here?" I ask.

"I paged you about something regarding tomorrow, and you never answered." He explains. "I thought something was strange, so I checked the GPS."

"There's a GPS tracker on the pager?" I ask with my jaw hanging in shock.

"I need to know where my things are at all times." He shrugs and I look down at the ground. "... It looks like you kept up the act as my girlfriend in front of her."

I look back up and nod. "I thought thats what I was supposed to do."

"You did well." He smiles. "Thanks to you, now Carolina's affections have turned towards Harry."