Chapter 8

| jason, were in trouble

"Here's your coffee, Jason." Lately I've been getting up in the morning and making coffee for Jason. With three cubes of sugar and lots of milk, of course.

"Mm, just the right amount of sweetness," He smiles before taking another sip. "You're proving to be quite useful."

"You kept making me get you a new cup every time I messed up, so I learned." I laugh a little. "I'm surprised you can drink it so sweet."

"Your brain needs sugar for energy. Maybe even you could get smarter if you eat more sugar."

"No thanks, I don't want to get fat." I chuckle while shaking my head.

"You don't have to worry about that." He says, his eyes briefly raking down my body.

"You can only say that because you're not interested in me."

"I don't want you to lose weight without my permission." He looks back to his laptop screen and I roll my eyes without him noticing. "Lots of dresses fit well just as you are now."

"Okay then..." Thats right. I need to ask him about my day off since Damian invited me out. "Do you mind if I go out for my day off the day after tomorrow?"

"For what?"

"Damian asked me out and..."

"What?" He cut me off, his head whipping to the side quickly to look at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Err, um, a friend just invited me out to relax."

"To relax, hm... then you'd better rest up so you have plenty of energy for me the next day."

"Okay... I need to go to work now." I clear my throat.

"Go ahead." It seems like he's actually responding to me more lately. Or maybe its just my imagination? I gaze at his profile as he sits at his laptop checking the news and it seems just as cold as always.

As I leave the penthouse, I feel happy that we were able to have a normal conversation.

That night.

Everyone gathers in the lounge, including Harry who's holding a chihuahua.

"Isn't that Carolina's dog, Fang?" I ask, laughing as I point at it.

"She made me take him." Harry grumbles.

"Pfft. Looks like you two are getting along well." Jason teases.

"Shut up. I cant believe you pushed that pig on me." Harry groans.

"Oh, who cares? You hate women, right?"

"Oh, thats right. Jason totally set Harry up!" Jordan laughs with disbelief. "And you cant be salty to the daughter of an Italian mob boss."

"Even Jason has trouble dealing with some people." I giggle.

"I wouldn't even call her a person." Jason snickers.

"Hey..." Jordan drawls out, pointing and looking between Jason and I. The conversation stops and everyone looks at Jason and me. Hm? Did I say something weird? "Aracely, did you just call him Jason?"

"She did." The detective says, who seems to always be here more than at work.

"I just now realized it, too. Since when did you start doing that?" Jamir asks with a shocked expression. Well, I always call him Jason in my head but never out loud.