4

---Atif's POV ---

I walked into our room expecting her to be asleep but she was outside on the balcony.

I was tired so I went to bed, but I couldn't sleep because of the cold air coming inside.

I got up and knocked on the door that's the entrance of the balcony getting her attention.

"It's cold and I'm trying to sleep. So come inside or close the door," I said and left.

I was a bit suprised when she closed the door instead of coming inside.

A few minutes later my phone went off.

"Hello," I said without bothering to check who is calling.

"Hi. Just needed to confirm our meeting from tomorrow," the other person said.

"Call later. I'm going to sleep," I said and hung up.

Within a few minutes I was out.

THE NEXT DAY

I woke up and still she wasn't there. I quickly checked the balcony and she wasn't there either.

I decided to get ready. I walked out as she walked inside the room.

"Breakfast," she said.

"I'm not hungry," I said and left.

I quickly turned before actually walking out.

"By the way you don't have to do this stuff for me. I can take care of myself. I'm not a child," I said and walked out.

I got to my office and spent a majority of the day in meetings.

I went home extremely exhausted.

I went to the kitchen and made some tea for myself and then went to my room to finish my projects.

"Can I ask you something?" Shurti asked walking in.

"Sure," I said not bothering to look up.

"Who's Inaya?" She asked.

That got my attention and made me look up.

"Why?" I asked.

"She called for you. Your mom was talking to her perfectly fine, unlike the way she talks to me," she said.

"She called her?" I questioned.

"Are you deaf? I just said that," she said.

Damn attitude!

"I'll call her right now," I said.

"Do I have a right to know who she is?" She asked.

"She's a co-worker," I said and went to leave but she was able to pull me back.

Strong girl!

"And?" She asked.

"And what?" I asked.

"What else she is Atif?! I'm not stupid! She's not just a co-worker," she said.

"You have no rights to interfere with my personal life," I said.

"Excuse me? I'm your wife!" She said.

"Oh please. We may be married but I don't consider you as wife material. I want you to stay out my life! Get that through your head," I said.

"Gladly! I don't love you, let alone like you! I'm still in love with someone else. And you need to get that your head!" She said and left slamming the door shut.