20

----Shurti's POV ---

I seriously broke down worse than my parents at seeing the condition my brother was in.

I didn't even want to talk to anyone or anything.

Seriously, whoever did this I will hunt them down and kill them.

About four hours had passed by and nothing changed. Doctor just kept going in and out.

I just left to sit somewhere by myself and silently began to pray that everything will be alright.

A few minutes later one of my cousins found me.

"Jiju is looking for you," she said.

"What? But he's busy," I said.

"Come," she said.

I went with her and sure enough he was there.

I don't know what got into me but I hugged him and cried.

"Hey, ssshh. It's okay, everything is going to be fine," he said.

"She's been like that since she got here," my mom said.

"I'm going to take here outside for a bit," he said.

"I don't want to go," I said.

"You need to. Look at yourself. Your a mess," he said. "I'm sure your brother won't want to see you like this when he wakes up."

"Ok," I said and we went outside.

We both just sat in silence.

"Sorry," i said.

"For what?" He asked.

"You had an important presentation and you left because of me," I said.

"Please tell me you didn't just apologize for that. Look I finished the presentation and then I found out. Apparently, you wanted me to finish," he said.

"I did," I said. "So how'd it go?"

"Well. It went well," he said and we became silent again.

I felt him looking at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing. Just thanks for your help," he said.

"It's okay. I didn't like your girlfriend so I wanted to feel satisfied," I said.

"Okay, seriously? She's not my girlfriend," he said.

"Then why is your mom so protective of her?" I asked.

"Because she has money. Everyone wants to marry rich and make life easy," he said.

"Not everyone. I never wanted to marry rich. Everyone that's rich has an awful attitude, I swear I just wanna throw something at them. Like a list of manners or something," I said.

"Hate to admit it, but it's true. We do have an attitude," he said.

I laughed at that.

"So you never wanted to marry rich, then why'd you go through with the  wedding?" He asked.

"Family pressured my parents to go through and make me marry you," I said.

"You didn't tell anyone?" He asked.

"Who listens to girls? Our job is to just go where our family sends us," I said. "If I told them that I loved Nivar they'd kill me and then kill him as well. My uncle's are the older than my dad so what they say goes. They wanted me to marry you so now I'm your wife."

"Do you still love him?" He asked.

"He's getting married," I said.

"Doesn't answer my question," he said.

"I don't know," I said my voice cracking.

"You just answered my question," he said.

I wiped my tears and sighed.

"I bet you can't wait to divorce me," I said.

"No. Maybe before but you helped me so much. I seriously wanna keep you around, not as a worker," he said and I laughed at that last part.

My cousin came and out a few seconds later.

"What happen?" I asked quickly standing up.

"He's awake," she said.