VIII

Quincy

"You met her in the strip club?" Cameron asked raising his eyebrows. "You don't even go to the strip club. How did this happen?"

"I met her when I went for your birthday. Well, that's when I first saw her," I explained.

"What does she look like?"

"She's on the short side. Real big hair that you can't miss." I smiled thinking about her.

"Aw man. I know exactly who you're talking about. Her name is Melissa or something like that."

"Melanie," I corrected.

"Damn the kid is catching feelings for a hoe," he laughed shaking his head.

"Chill out. She's not a hoe."

"Right," he said sarcastically.

"I'm taking her out... again," I revealed.

He looked at me in shock. "Again? You didn't even tell me you went out with her once. Where'd you take her?"

"The Meatball Shop and-"

"Good. That's cheap. You can't let these hoes know you got money." He shook his head.

"Stop calling her a hoe. You don't know her."

He put his hands up. "Okay. You got it, lover boy," he joked. "What happened when you took her out?"

"Her boyfriend showed up. Then we started fighting."

"You can't just slide that in there casually. Why did you fight him?"

"He got out of line," I shrugged.

"He got out of line but you were with his girlfriend."

"Yeah, because he hit her. And they're not together anymore so I will be shooting my shot soon."

"She got a kid with this dude?" he questioned.

"Yeah," I told him.

"Be careful with that one. The ones with the kids end up messing with their baby's daddy," he explained.

"That's definitely not going to happen," I assured.

"You never know. You just met her anything can happen."

"Right now we're just friends. It's nothing too serious. I'm just getting to know her."

We were just having fun at the moment.

Melanie

"Did my brother come here to see you again?" Courtne asked as I walked to the back from the private rooms.

I rolled my eyes as I heard her voice.

"Is that your business?"

"Yes, my brother is my business," she replied.

"If you must know, yes, that was him," I smiled to make her upset.

"I don't know he's spending his money on you anyway."

"Evidently he likes me."

"Just like how Darius likes me?" she taunted.

"He wouldn't even be with you if I didn't break up with him so you can calm down," I confessed.