XI

Melanie

"Another night." I thought to myself walking into the club. I looked at everyone that was in the dressing room and went over to my designated spot.

I began changing my clothes waiting for Courtne to come in and say something because I knew it was coming. At least I thought I knew.

I had finished changing my clothes when she walked in the room looking more mad than usual. She came in bursting through the door making everyone turn their head and look at her.

"What?!" she yelled walking over to her stuff.

"Where are you going? Don't you gotta work tonight?" Another girl asked.

"Don't worry about what I'm doing. Just worry about walking out there and being a hoe like all of you are good at." she retorted.

"I think you forget that you also work here and do the same thing we do."

"Actually, I no longer work here. I came here to get my stuff because I have better shit to do than shake my ass," she smirked.

"Mike probably fired your ass," the girl mumbled.

"Excuse me? What did you say?"

She turned around and smiled at Courtne. "I said you probably got fired. Now what? I repeated myself. So what are you going to do?"

Courtne took a deep breath before responding. "I don't have the time to entertain your ugly ass. I'm moving on to better things," she started walking towards the exit.

"Bitch, working in your brother's restaurant isn't moving on to better things. Try again."

I slightly laughed at the girl's last statement putting on my heels.

"Oh, you thought that was funny?" Courtne asked walking closer to me.

I ignored her and started walking to the front of the club. Before I could get there, she grabbed my arm pulling me back.

"Hoe, don't walk away from me!" she yelled.

I looked at her like she was crazy. "Don't ever in your life put your hands on me like that again," I said walking away from her again.

As I walked through the door to the front of the club, the owner, Mike, was walking through to the back. He looked me up and down as he walked past me.

"Come to my office when you get ready to leave," Mike demanded.

He walked into the dressing room before I could respond.

"Everybody in this place is losing their damn mind today," I thought to myself.

As soon as I walked to the front of the club, I was grabbed by a random guy. He immediately shoved some money in my bralette and I began dancing for him.

_____________________________________

I wasn't looking forward to having a conversation with Mike. When the club was closing, I was trying to rush out of the building to avoid him. The look he gave me told me whatever he wanted to talk about wasn't going to be good.

I walked out of the building only to see Mike standing by the exit door. I jumped as I felt my arm brush on his. Stopping in my tracks I looked at him as he looked at me.

"So you was just gon' leave like I didn't ask you to do something?" he questioned.

"Huh?"

He crossed his arms. "If you can huh, you can hear."

"How'd you know I was coming out here?"

"You hoes think you're slick," he said waving his finger in my face. "I'm always a step ahead."

"Please don't call me a hoe," I said politely.

He looked at me with a smirk on his face.

"Can you say what you need to say? I need to get home," I rushed.

"You work for me, remember?"

I rolled my eyes.

"Look, I was tryna tell you that I fired Courtne 'cause she was disturbing the peace. If you keep acting like a bitch, you're next," he scolded.

I scoffed, "What the," I stopped myself. "You know what? You got it. I won't act 'like a bitch' anymore," I said unintentionally rolling my eyes.

He moved away from me and walked back inside.

As I started walking to the subway, I already felt a frown forming on my face. When I got on the train, I looked at my phone to see I received a text from Quincy.

Q 🌚: I want to see you tonight. 7:37PM

Me: I'm sorry... I just got your text. 4:20AM

Q 🌚: You good. I'ma come see you later. 4:20A.M

Me: ... Why are you awake? 4:22A.M

Q 🌚: Waiting for you to text me back, love. 😏 4:23:A.M

Me: 😒 Try again. 4:23A.M

Q 🌚: Real niggas don't sleep. We just take long ass blinks. 4:24A.M

Me: 🙄 Bye. 😂. 4:26A.M.

Q 🌚: LOL. I'll see you when I see you. 4:26A.M.

I smiled to myself as I read his last message.

______________________

When I got home, Amaya was laying on the couch snoring with Marquise laying next to her. I walked past them quietly going to my room. I slightly jumped when I saw Darius in my bed. I moved closer to him to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. I hit him in his chest hard to wake him up.

"What the fuck?" he woke up coughing.

I should be asking you the same. What the hell are you doing here?" I tried not to raise my voice.

"You worried about your boyfriend catching me or something?" he asked rubbing his eyes still laying in my bed.

"What? Darius, get out. Now." I demanded. He didn't move a muscle. I walked closer to him and pulled on his arm.

He laughed at me as I tried to pull him. He was too heavy. I ended up pulling him off the bed and he fell with a loud thud.

"How did you even get in here? I know Amaya didn't let you in. Darius, you can't do stuff like this," I went on.

"You scared your boyfriend might find me here?" he asked ignoring everything I had just said.

I rolled my eyes. "This is the second time you've brought him up. You act like you don't have Courtne. Why can you go on and be with her and I can't move on and be with someone else?"

He looked at me without saying anything

"You know I'm right, that's why you don't have anything to say," I continued.

"I just think it's funny how I catch you with dude, you tell me you're not messing with him, and now look," he finally stood up.

I widened my eyes in shock. "I think it's funny how you treated me like shit, got with Courtne while we were still together, and now you want to be upset because of the shit that you caused. I'm not even about to argue with you because it's almost five in the morning. I just want to go to sleep right now so you can see yourself out." I motioned as I went to get some pajamas.

With that, he walked out of my room and apartment without another word.

______________________________

This draft has been her for a long time and I've finally published it.

Darius is low-key like Chris Brown with Karrueche...

COMMENT

VOTE

SHARE

Currently Unedited