I

Melanie

I walked out of my bathroom and into my bedroom getting ready for work.

"Darius, I'm leaving," I told my boyfriend as I put my Ugg boots on.

He grunted in response and I rolled my eyes.

"I'll be back at five," I said walking out of our room.

I walked into my son, Marquise' room to find him sleeping. I kissed him on the forehead and walked out of his room. I walked out of my apartment, walked to the subway, and headed to the strip club I worked at. I wasn't proud of my job, but I had to do what I had to do. The only reason I was working at the strip club was to pay for college and to take care of my son and I. Darius didn't want me working at the strip club, but he's not paying my tuition and I need fast money. I don't want him being a drug dealer, so I guess we don't all get what we want.

When I got to the strip club, "Private Eyes" I walked through the back to clock in. As usual, this stripper Courtne was giving me a look like I fucked her man.

"Courtne, do you have a problem with me?" I asked opening my locker. I took my "PINK" sweatsuit and Uggs off and put my heels on. I had already had my work clothes under my sweatsuit.

"Yeah. I actually do." I was surprised by her honesty. "You walk up in here every night like you better than all of us," she said gesturing to the other girls. "You ain't better than nobody. You still work at a strip club. You still wear the same shit as us. You still a hoe just like the rest of us."

I shook my head. "You don't know me," I said closing my locker.

"I see through you, hoe."

I ignored her and walked out into the club. "Basic bitch," I mumbled under my breath.

I had been working at Diamondz for a year and I hadn't become friends with anyone that worked here. The only person I spoke to was Courtne and it obviously wasn't by choice. She had been treating me the same way since the day I met her so I definitely wasn't trying to get friendly with her.

"Hey lil mama, why don't you come over here," some guy said grabbing my hand. I went over to his section putting a fake smile on my face. I really didn't want to entertain him but, this was my job.

The guy had a lot of people around him and a lot of alcohol. I could smell the alcohol on his breath.

He moved his hand from my hand to my hip and sat me on his lap. He wanted me to give him a lap dance and that's what I did.

As I was dancing on him, his friend who was sitting across from us kept looking at me. He made me feel uncomfortable because he was staring really hard. As soon as the song I was dancing to went off, the guy paid me and I rushed off somewhere else. I didn't want his friend fucking me with his eyes anymore.

__________

To say that I was ready to go home was an understatement. I was like this every time my "work" day was over.  Being around people who smelled like alcohol, cigarettes, and weed definitely made me tired. I just wanted to go home and get in the bed.

I went to my locker to get my clothes and put them on when Courtne came from the front of the club.

"Your high sidity ass still here?" She asked giving me the same look she always does.

I ignored her and was on my way home.

I walked into the apartment and went to check on Marquise and then went to my bedroom. Surprisingly, Darius was awake.

"You done being a hoe?" Darius asked me as I took off my boots.

I looked at him offended and rolled my eyes. "Fuck you, Darius."