8

"What the hell was that, curly?" Louis asked the moment they stepped to the backstage, the slight murmur and sound of girls crying and wailing could still be heard but Harry tried to ignore it, just the way he tried to ignore Louis' question. The shorter of the two, having judged the change in attitude that Harry was going by, grabbed the taller lad by the arm, pulling him away from where Liam and Niall were walking back to their respective dressing rooms, probably to change into something more comfortable. 

"Don't ignore me. You made him so damn uncomfortable. You know how he is with Public display of affection," Louis hissed, shaking Harry by the shoulder's as if that would bring some sense back to him. 

"You told me to seduce him. Do something to make him blush during the interviews!" Harry yelled out, mumbling the last words but the anger could be sensed from his eyes. He didn't like anything that had happened during their time on screen. Sure he got to touch Niall but the sheer look of disappointment and discomfort on the blonde's face was enough to turn him off. He was beginning to doubt Louis's entire plan. Surely Liam would have been a much better person to turn to, even though he wouldn't be much help in relationship advises, he would surely not go around suggesting such absurd plans.

"I told you to get him to blush and notice you! Not to bloody embarrass him in public. You and him are best mates, you should know better than anyone else about his likes and dislikes. How did you forget that he doesn't do well with PDA? You could've simply tried being sexy and placed your hands around his waist, when did I tell you to go for his thighs?" He did have a point, Harry thought to himself, suddenly feeling guilty for being such a terrible mate. Many times him and Niall had been told to kiss and hug, everything for the eyes of the camera and the screaming fan girls behind their laptop and cell phone screens, and every time he had seen how uncomfortable Niall was, he actually looked like he was facing death at moments. PDA was not Niall's cup of tea, specially not when he had to do that with his fake boyfriend. Back when they were friends....just friends....things were completely different then. 

Harry briefly re-called all the times when he would hold Niall's hands or just lightly touch his thighs during interviews and the blonde would just giggle or grin widely at him. He missed those days, that time of his life was so much better than this entire fake dating shit. At least back then, Niall was comfortable in his presence, he didn't feel exposed and nothing they did was forced but now, things were complicated. Harry was letting his feelings get the best of him and it was only time when Niall would catch on. But he wasn't that concerned about Niall finding out, the boy could be really oblivious and blind at times. It worked in Harry's favor, really. 

"I forgot. I thought he would like it if I touched him because the last time I did, he didn't really put up much of a fight." 

"That was in private though. Harry, if you really like him, then charm him not just by your looks but show him how sincere you can really be." Louis blinked up at the taller boy, hoping he would finally understand what he was talking about because the brunette really wanted to see his dream ship finally sail. 

"I can try but I don't even think he likes me."

"Trust me, he does. He's just in denial." Louis smirked devilishly, his brain coming up with another brilliant plan to make Operation Blue Eyed Idiot work, and this time, Harry had to be sincere, with his words, with his charm, make Niall feel important, like he was the only boy in the world and in all honesty, Louis had no doubts in his mind that Harry actually felt like Niall was the only man  in the entire fucking universe. 

"Okay. Alright. I'll try once again. Three is a charm," Harry ran a shaking hand through his curly hair, pulling them back and taking a small black rubber band out from his jeans pocket before tying his hair into a  neat bun. He felt extremely hot in the blazer he had been made to wear, just to dress classy and look beautiful for the cameras, even though he was pretty sure the fans would still call him gorgeous if he didn't take a bath for a week and went on stage with just an old sweatshirt.