26

"Are you sure about this?" Liam asked, his eyes assessing the large mass of crowd that had gathered in the hallway. His face carried a frown as he eyed the brunette standing next to him. This was their last promotional interview segment for their new album. Like always, this album like all others had also topped the worldwide charts. But the headlines and the fans were not interested in that. It seemed like most of their fans were too engrossed in their personal lives to care about the kind of music they put forward. Liam wondered whether those people could be regarded as fans, it was as if only a few handful of people cared about their tunes. 

"I'm positive. We're done with the album, it's already topped the charts. The management's plan worked. Louis is officially done with keeping up with every shit that we're made to go through, Niall doesn't know what  I'm going to do but I'm sure he would've supported me. And really Liam, don't you want the bad guys to suffer?" Harry chuckled,  raising an eyebrow as he adjusted the shirt he was wearing. Like always, he kept most of the buttons undone and flipped his hair to the side. 

"But the damage it could do!" Liam exclaimed, trying to keep his nerves in check. He nodded at the staff passing by and before he could get another word out, they were being nudged on the stage. Louis and Niall were already sitting on the comfortable couches placed in full view of the audience. It always amazed him how many people came to see them from all parts of the world. This interview was taking place in France and he could see thousands of people with the British flag and the Japanese flag sitting in the crowd. There was a large group of girls with the Irish flag in their hands but he was certain that they were there for Niall. 

"Just smile and wave, Li. Let me deal with the monsters," Harry assured, patting the older man's back gently before waving to the crowd. He walked slowly, taking his place on the couch right next to Louis. Their siting positions had been rotated and according to the management now, Niall and Harry were not allowed to sit together. It was all for the act, maintain an image of two lovers who had now broken up and just cannot bear the mere sight of each other. 

"So we have the biggest boy band in the world gathered here with us. Please give it up for One Direction," the interviewer yelled, getting the crowd all excited and the girls sitting in the audience screamed with excitement, calling out I love you and marry me to their favourite band member. Harry eyed the crowd with fascination. He never understood why people were so hooked on them. He seemed way too eager and way too interested in their lives and in their music as well. He appreciated the love, of course, but he didn't know what he had done to deserve it. But tonight, it was all going to end. They hadn't renewed their contract and no matter what obstruction he created now, the management will have no claims to hold him responsible. 

"So lads, you've just dropped your album which has topped the charts worldwide. The fans are loving it. We congratulate you on your success." Another huge round of applause followed. "So we all know that you all are incredibly talented and you have experience with songwriting but in this particular album, who wrote which track?" 

"Well,  I think it was a bit of all of us really,"  Louis smiled at the camera, the show was being broadcasted live right now in over 20 countries and he was prepared to answer every question with a confident aura. "We have this tradition actually, that we all write a little for each and every song and then we just bring the pieces in together. Since our schedules are quite busy and we're always in some different location, this works really well for us. We just come to the studio or wherever we are meeting and we put all the stuff together and voila! the song is ready." 

"There's this track on the album called "Without you," it's rumoured to have been written by you Louis, solely by you. I think everyone here wants to know if the album is for someone special,"  the interviewer grinned, turning his face towards the crowd to get everyone to cheer and scream. And they all followed his cue. 

"I-It's not for anyone in particular. None of our songs mostly are." Louis smiled politely, ending the question on a curt note. He wasn't interested in sharing more than what was needed to be said. 

"Alrighty. My next question is for you Harry," the crowd cheered once again. They seemed so into this particularly lame interview.  The questions were basic and boring, Harry almost wanted to let the interviewer in on some the interesting questions that they could've been asked. He always discussed this with the boys after every interview that these things could really be damn interesting and damn better. "There is a speculation that you are back together with Taylor Swift, what do you have to say about that?" 

"I would've loved that had I not been romantically involved with somebody else." There was a hushed silence. Everybody, including the boys, seemed to have focused their attention on him. Liam was the only one who was looking straight ahead as if afraid to focus on the interview any longer. Harry smiled innocently, waving at a wide-eyed fan who carried a poster of ALWAYS IN MY HEART @Harry_Styles .

"You're in a relationship?" The interviewer question, breaking out of the momentary shock. This was a gold mine, a definite stepping stone in his career. He eagerly waited for the pop star to respond. 

"I've been in one for the past six months," Harry glanced briefly in Niall's direction, watching the blonde stiffen before staring back at him with a determination. That's my baby, Harry mentally cheered. With every passing month, his relationship with Niall had grown stronger. He hadn't disclosed his plan to the blonde yet, knowing that the Irishman had a tendency to overthink things and stress himself out. 

"I think your fans are extremely excited and curious to know about the person you've been seeing." 

Harry smiled, watching as Louis carefully got up from his spot between him and Niall, slowly sitting down right next to  Liam in a pretext of getting a water bottle from the table placed between the two different couches. The curly brunette cheered his best friend on for being so damn clever. The only person who knew about the plan was Liam but obviously,  Louis had got a gist of what was going on. 

"I think they deserve to know about the person I'm dating," he reached a subtle hand forward to grab Niall's hand and give it a reassuring squeeze. The blonde shuffled near him on the couch, smiling hesitantly at the brunette. Harry could see the love and a little bit of confusion in those eyes. He wanted to lean down and seize those lips in a fervent kiss but that wasn't too desirable for live national tv. 

"So who is it?" The interviewer questioned, staring at Harry and then over to Niall. He had seen the sudden changes taking place and definitely knew what was happening but a confirmation would really help make the headlines hotter and spicier. 

"It's none other than my best friend and my bandmate - Niall Horan." 

AN/ THIS IT THE LAST CHAPTER! IM NOT GOING TO DWELL MUCH ON THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN LOUIS AND ZAYN! HE SIGNED THE DIVORCE PAPERS, THEY'RE OVER AND DONE WITH. NOTHING MUCH GOING ON THERE. LOU DESERVES SO MUCH BETTER. 

THANK YOU, ALL FOR SUPPORTING ME! I HOPE I HAVEN'T LEFT ANY STRING UNTIED IN THIS STORY. I HOPE THERE AREN'T MANY LOOPHOLES AND THAT EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE! 

THERE WILL BE A FUCKING EPILOGUE 😵😵

I LOVE YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT <3