19

"Well your best friend certainly is a prick." Harry scoffed, running a hand through his curls as he stared at the papers in his hand. He never really trusted Zayn but he also never thought things would go this far. More than that, he always imagined it to be Louis who would be bringing divorce papers in but sometimes, things really don't go the way you imagine them do. 

"Yours isn't any better. It takes two to tango." The blonde hissed back, feeling a bit drained. He couldn't believe he had cleaned his house and was even going to prepare a meal (it laid uncooked on the pan) for Zayn even all the Pakistani wanted to do was drop the papers off. Niall couldn't believe that Zayn would actually do this through them rather than directly talking it out with Louis. If there was anything that would end this band, it was surely going to be Louis's heartbreak after finding out about this. 

"Well at least mine could wait before moving on to the next bitch." The curly brunette raised his said, giving a small smirk in Niall's direction. It was fun to tick the blonde off but he was still unsure whether they were joking or whether they were both serious. When it had all happened, when Zayn had packed his bags and left, the sides had been inevitable. Niall had stayed in the band but he had stuck by Zayn's side. Liam had done the same but rather than being more with Zayn, he had started devoting all his time in making Louis happy, which was probably the sweetest thing ever. Harry had been quite calm about the entire situation, getting angry at Zayn for the obvious of things and had of course been on Louis's side. 

"Are you kidding me? Your best mate has a fucking child!" Niall chuckled sarcastically, plopping down on the couch next to Harry. He sighed loudly, not understanding where they were supposed to go from here.  Should he call Louis and tell him about this via phone? But Niall didn't want to do that, and he didn't even wanted to deliver the news face to face. Louis was the sort of person who pretended to be strong and then he would continue with the strong facade until he would start breaking down on the inside. And then there would be the entire ordeal of drugs and drinks, late night clubs and outings with his hideous mates whom none of the boys liked much. 

"Do you think we should email it to him?" Niall asked suddenly, breaking the tense silence that had settled it. He took Harry's hands in his own, trying to calm the erratic beat of his heart. It was terrifying him, how things could just become so much worse and they had just gotten back together. Louis had been devoting all his time into writing songs, solo and with Liam. Zayn's simple request of a signature was really not what Louis needed at this time but they couldn't keep it from him. He deserved to know. 

"I think we should tell him all about it face to face. I know it's not our place to tell and Zayn should've done it himself but he's a coward." Harry sighed, entwining his fingers with Niall and pulling the blonde closer to himself. He wrapped an arm around his shoulder, taking both their bodies back to lean on the couch and sighed. Everything was happening all at once.He had gotten his feelings out to Niall and had been told to wait in order to give the blonde some time, his best mate was already crushing on the inside after one year of pretending to be strong, he was finally breaking and now, the final blow had come and Harry was certain that them coming back together was going to be absolutely pointless. 

"I like your hands." Niall whispered, raising his palm up to Harry's and smiled at the small difference. His hand wasn't significantly small, it was a large size but compared to Harry, it did appear a bit smaller and more delicate. Niall liked the feeling.

"I like your eyes." The brunette whispered, turning around on the couch and plopping himself up on his elbows as he used his other hand to brush Niall's hair away from his eyes. He had always been fond of the blue color, finding his own green ones a bit boring and dull at times. Niall's, on the other hand, were different. They always seemed to become a shade lighter or a shade darker depending upon the clothes he wore or the mood he was in. It was fascinating. 

"I like your lips." The blonde giggled, leaning closer to brush his own lips against Harry's with a shy blush coating his cheeks. "What are we Harry?" 

"What do you want us to be babe?" The curly haired brunette whispered into the air, keeping his arms wrapped around Niall's small waist. He was still thinking about the divorce papers and he was certain that Niall was doing so as well. 

"I think we should sort out friends problems out before deciding to have a relationship." The blonde sighed, staring at Harry with a sad smile on his face. He really didn't want the brunette to be offended but Niall just couldn't see himself having a healthy relationship with Harry while their friends went through so much. There was definitely going to be a lot of drama, Louis was probably going to break down considering he was already caught in a custody battle with Briana and now another court case was going to be added to the list. Though, all this really demanded was his signature and one appearance before the judge. 

"Why?" Harry whispered, tightening his hold on Niall's waist, making the blonde gasp. "I waited so long and I finally have you and I'm scared that if this takes anymore time, I might loose you." 

"You're not going to loose me. I already needed more to figure my feelings out and these divorce papers just give me another reason to do so." 

"It's not us that are getting divorced so why can't we date?" Harry scoffed, getting up from the couch. 

"How is Louis going to feel when he finds out that his best mates are dating while he has to sign divorce papers that the love of his life sent!? You're really not thinking this through." 

"You're dragging Louis and these papers as an excuse to not go out with me." 

"Why would I need to do that? I like you. I'm not in love with you but I really really really like you Harry and I hate it when you scream at me like that." The blonde huffed, putting his head in his hands as he waited for another yelling contest to take place. They seemed to fight pointlessly and he knew at one moment in time, it was all going to get so damn tiring and exhausting. 

"I'm sorry baby. Look at me." Harry whispered, sitting down on the table in front of the couch. It was a glass one and he really shouldn't be sitting on it but they could just buy another if this one ended up breaking under his weight. 

"Are you going to yell at me again?" Niall mumbled into his hands, lifting his eyes slowly to stare at Harry's green ones. 

"No. But I really don't think we should let these matters stop our lives." 

"Yes but I really do need more time, to decide upon my feelings and I don't want you to rush me into it." Niall replied truthfully. He didn't get why it was so hard for him to decide upon his feelings. Maybe it was the fact that Harry used to be his best mate, and then they had a bit of bad blood and then they started fake dating and now the brunette was in love with him. 

"I won't but please at least let me take you on a date. Consider it as a friend's night out if you want to. Just two guys who secretly adore each other, going out for movies and maybe to a really nice dinner?" Harry mumbled, rubbing his thumb on Niall's cheeks. He waited for the blonde to crack that single dimpled smile of his. 

"Fine you idiot." Niall sighed exaggeratedly, leaning up to hug Harry's taller frame. 

"You know you love it." 

"Fuck you." 

"Patience love." 

AN/ I woke up early (9:30 am ) just to write this lol

Apart from this: 

Thoughts on the chapter?

Thoughts on the narry fight ? argument?

What's going to happen when they show the papers to louis? 

What's going  to happen on the narry date? 

next update when this chapter gets 100+ votes and 40+ comments.