24

The atmosphere was tense. A bit too tense and it was honestly ticking Louis off. He could see his best mates trying hard to keep away from one another and he could see Liam just rolling his eyes and averting his attention back to his phone. Louis sighed.  It was always like this. Either Niall and Harry would be going at each other or they would be ignoring one another. As much as  Louis loved his friends, even he had to admit that they were probably more immature than him and definitely more annoying. 

"Oh for fuck's sake, would you two just kiss and make up?" The feathery brunette groaned. "I'm the one getting a divorce and you two look more devastated than me." He rolled his eyes, kicking the back of Harry's chair a bit too harshly, causing the man to tumble a little before regaining his composure. 

"It's too soon for you to be making jokes about it," Liam chuckled, his smile disappearing when he noticed the heated glare  Niall was passing at him. The thick tension was back and none of them knew how to get rid of it. They were all sitting together, waiting for their new song writers and producer to make an appearance. It was a late night decision to finally start working on a new album and they had all quickly walked into the meeting room, early morning, ready to fire up ideas or turn them down. 

"Liam shut up and you guys," Louis pointed a finger towards the curly haired brunette and the dyed blonde sitting next to him, looking grumpy and annoyed like always, "you both need to solve your differences. It's getting a bit too much. There are way too many articles on the magazines, speculating a break up. I don't think our management team will be very happy with that." 

"As long as we give the world a music worth listening to, I don't think our love life matters as much." Niall huffed, knowing well that his argument was about to be proved wrong. He was fairly aware of how the girls and even boys on twitter just hung on to their relationship status. He had seen so many girls asking him about it during their meet and greets and as annoying as it was, he kind of understood where they were coming from. Everybody dreamed about getting once chance with their idols, dating them, being with them even as friends or just knowing them. He didn't blame any of the fans for imagining that if the boys were single, they probably had a shot. But before Louis or worse yet, Harry, could tell him how wrong he was, the door to the room opened, revealing a bald man wearing a perfectly tailored coat that just reeked of money and big rimmed glasses. He smiled briefly at them before sitting right in front of them on the rotating chair. 

"'Hello boys." The man's voice was firm, his lips tightened into a flat line. The blonde shivered in his place,  not liking the way he was practically observing all of them. He leaned a bit towards Harry,  forgetting for a moment that they were supposed to be fighting. 

"Who is he?" Niall whispered into the curly brunette's ears. 

"I have no clue babe." Harry replied softly, not removing his gaze from the bald man's face. 

"I'm Henry Sanford. Me and my team are the ones in-charge of your latest album and the promotions thereof." He smiled, a toothy grin taking over his firm expression. It made everyone in the room relax a little. It was always difficult to work with a new face, mostly because they were unfamiliar with how to manage and handle the boys.  Promotions were always weak and mostly fan centered and Niall just hoped that this man and his team would be a bit different than all the previous ones they had worked with. "I will be assistant directing all your music videos. That's my only job apart from  fixing up your interviews and getting the name of the album across to a large number of people. Everything regarding the promotion of your new album will happen through me. Nobody else but me. However, you have the right to give your suggestions and anything related to songs and tracks does not fall in my court. I'm merely a director and an expert at sales. Multi-talented you can say." He chuckled.