22

It was cold when Niall stepped foot outside the restaurant. He shivered under the night sky, smiling widely at Harry who seemed to be doing the same. If you had asked the blonde a few months back whether he would ever willingly go on a date with Harry Styles, his band mate, his enemy (if he can even be called that), Niall would've certainly said no but now, they were walking hand in hand towards the parking lot. 

"Harry," A loud voice called out, breaking the two men away from the comfortable silence they were enjoying themselves in. Niall turned around, squeezing Harry's hand clasped in his own, tightly upon noticing the intruder.  It was as if everything good that had happened was just about ready to become complete and utter shit all because of one goddamn person. The blonde wanted to just take Harry's hand and run away from this fucking cunt who had interrupted them too many times today. 

"Oh hey Shawn." The curly brunette let out a shaky chuckle, trying to free his hand from Niall's uncomfortably tight clasp.  He didn't like the way he was being put into the center of the entire situation, with Niall's blue eyes glaring at him  - begging him to just leave this place as soon as possible - and with Shawn's eyes staring at him with a soft smile playing on his lips. Harry sighed, pressing his lips together in a tight smile as he waited for the natural blonde in front of his eyes to say something. 

"What do you want now?" Niall snapped, breaking the awkward silence that had settled in. He ignored all the signs in his mind telling him to just stop and taking it easy but he couldn't help it. Everything about Shawn made him feel insecure. The boy was almost too perfect and more than that, Niall was certain that he was a good fuck as well. If Harry's moans and grunts on that eventful day were any indication. It was inevitable for the Irishman to react like this. 

"You left your car keys on the table. I thought I should give them to you before Harry starts panicking." Shawn smiled, tossing the keys towards the lanky brunette before turning on his heels to head back inside. His shift was already ending in an hour. 

"Thank you." Harry called out, feeling a bit strange over the fact that he could've just forgotten his keys on the table like that. He was rather careful about these things but then again, he had missed his flights a lot and forgotten his passport at places as well. It was only natural and quite normal for him to forget things, despite him being extremely careful over them all. At least he tried to keep a check on his belongings. 

Niall huffed, faking a smile as he let go of Harry's hands and walked towards the car. The pointless insecurities and negative thoughts floating around his mind did nothing to even help calm him down. Just as he was about to reach for the passenger's seat,the loud noise of his phone blaring in the middle of an empty parking lot, made him flinch before reaching for the front pocket of his jeans to bring the iPhone into view. He frowned at the caller ID, everything that had happened inside the restaurant just leaving his mind for a while as he focused on other problems. Bigger problems than his jealousy. Hitting on accept, Niall waited for some kind of response. 

"Did you talk to him yet?" The gruff voice spoke out from the other line, sounding completely drained and tired. It made the blonde more than angry but he bit his tongue, deciding to leave the matter solely to the responsible adults. 

"I haven't yet." The smaller man spoke out, opening the door of the car and getting inside, reaching for the seat belt as he balanced the phone between his cheek and shoulder. He rolled his eyes at the sorry expression on Harry's face, deciding to ignore the brunette for as long as he could. 

"Can you do it right now? Just go up to him and give him the papers. Please?" The sheer desperation in Zayn's voice made Niall sigh. He didn't understand why they were both acting like stubborn pricks. With Louis always being miserable on his own, trying to waste himself away with fake smiles and laughs, drinks and if he wasn't doing that, then he was either moping around somewhere with those rat like people he called his "best friends". And Zayn, well the raven haired man was a completely different story. All he seemed to be focused on was making more music, while dealing with unnecessary stress. It was as if he was taking work as his next getaway.