Dazai X F!Reader - 'You're a fool'

Hello! Here is just a taster chapter I suppose, as it's the first, and I haven't gotten started on requests yet :P I have such a huge obsession with Dazai right now, its painful :D

(Y/N) = Your name

(H/C) = Your hair colour

(E/C) = Your eye colour

(A/C) = Any colour

(F/C)= Favourite colour

-----------------------

Bubbly laughter arose around you, a warm, friendly sound. You took pride in your position at the Agency, as one of the more accomplished members; nothing made you happier than being surrounded by your happy co-workers, listening to their cheerful banter. Tonight there was no Port Mafia, and no life-threatening fights. It was just you, your friends, and a night out.

"And it turned out, the pigeon was the murderer the entire"~ Ranpo chimed, a sweetness to his tone which you couldn't quite place as trickery or mere humour.

"What? Impossible!" Atsushi exclaimed, his two-toned irises sparkling with awe.

"Not impossible; I would never lie..." He smirked, the emerald of his eyes glittering with mischievousness. 

"Are you quite sure about that?" you asked, "I smell a fib"~

"Preposterous!" Ranpo cried, feigning mock-hurt. A small laugh escaped your lips, as you took a sip from your favourite drink.

"Of course."  You sighed, a smile etched across your face. The lighting in the room was dim, and the city was shrouded in darkness; luminous colours flashed in the distance, glimmering through the gentle rain which fell from the night sky. The cityscape was beautiful, its shadowy silhouette tall and mighty. A light piano jazz set the mood, playing softly yet elegantly through the bar- you weren't the only ones chatting, other groups of people conversed all around you, drinks in hand. A warm, tempting scent wafted towards you as fine foods cooked in the kitchens- for such a rowdy group of people, you definitely knew how to dine. Your (E/C) eyes darted to the side, to stare out the window, dotted with water; you were on the top floor of a huge skyscraper, the most extravagant place to be.

Only, your eyes narrowed, as you stopped a figure stumbling towards the edge of a balcony. And, you quickly realized who it was.

"Shit!" You said, albeit too loudly- many heads turned to stare at you.

"Is that... Dazai... Climbing over the balcony?" Kunikida growled with a sudden darkness to his tone.

"Yep." You sighed, standing up from your seat. Patting your (F/C) dress down, you gently placed your glass down onto the glossy table, and strolled towards the elegant double doors which led onto the marble-paved balcony. 'Can't we have one night out without his sorry ass trying to die all the time?' You thought to yourself, a scowl quickly falling over your face. You could feel peoples gazes burning a hole into the back of your head, as you swung the doors open wide. Obviously startled, the suicidal man spun around to face you.

"Good evening (Y/N)! Having a good time?" Dazai grinned, tilting his head slightly. The rain had almost soaked him though now, and his brunette hair stuck to his forehead. When you didn't reply, the man's expression fell. "Oh... you look mad. How about, we commit a double"- He didn't even finish his own sentence, before he cried out; slipping on the wet marble, he completely lost his footing... and fell over the side of the building.

You wasted no time, activating your ability; glowing rings appeared around your body.

As one of the more gifted members, your ability had to resemble that as well. 'The sky is my haven'- you sprouted (A/C) feathered wings, truly beautiful and a sight that would install awe into the hearts of whoever saw it. Sprinting towards the edge, you swallowed the fear which rose from your stomach and leapt over the edge of the balcony in one swift leap.

Thankfully, due to your lightning fast reactions, you were only a little ways above Dazai who stared up at you as you both plummeted towards the city streets below.

"You're a fool!" You yelled, above the howling winds.

"Ah, I get to gaze upon such a pretty woman as I die..."~ Dazai shot you a smile, and wiggled his eye brows.

"This is no time for... that!" You could feel a small warmth rush to your cheeks as you blushed; the man below you laughed.

"Are you saying that there will be a time?" He smirked.

"Maybe, after you aren't falling to your own death!" You shouted in reply, flapping your wings a little stronger to catch up to him. All you had to do was grab the top of his jacket; the power coursing through your veins granted you the strength to pull him through the air. Your eyes darted around, and within seconds you had spotted a safe place to land. Dragging the man through the chilly air, you eventually landed, tucked inside a wide alley way besides the huge building. Whilst you landed with grace, Dazai stumbled, tripped, and just managed to balance on his own two feet.

A ring of light surrounded you again, as the wings merely fell apart, the feathers being swept away by the chilling breeze.

"Can't you just allow me one night without having to save your stupid ass?" You hissed, crossing your arms.

"I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist the sight of that daunting drop, I just had to take the plunge..." Dazai sighed dreamily, approaching you slowly.

"You do realize that neither of us can go back up there now? We'll be kicked out instantly." You muttered, turning your back to him, and walking away before he could get close. It was silent for a moment, tense, as you quickly left him behind in the damp alley way.

But, before you could get far, you felt a hand wrap around your wrist.

"Wait." You heard him say; unwillingly, you paused in your tracks, and turned to face him, only to see his face inches from yours. His warm breath danced over your quickly reddening cheeks, and his chestnut irises looked straight into (E/C) eyes. Only, just as he leaned in slightly closer, his eyes fluttering shut, you wrinkled your nose.

"Ugh, how much have you drank?" You asked, only moving back slightly.

"Enough to make stupid decisions, like suicide on our night out...but not too much, because I know this is what I want..." He breathed, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. An arm wrapped around your waist, tugging you closer to cover the small gap that had formed. You let out a small sigh, looking up at him, and smiling ever so gently.

"Please don't ruin our date tomorrow evening by jumping off the roof..." You smirked.

"Our date?" Dazai asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, you did just say this is what you wanted, didn't you?" And with those words, you pressed your lips to his, eyelids fluttering closed. You felt Dazai smile into the kiss, his embrace growing tighter around you- gently placing your arms around his neck; you softly ran a rand through his damp hair.

"Hey, is that (Y/N) and Dazai?" Kunikida yelled, popping his head around the corner of the alley way. His eyes shot open wide at the sight of the passionate kiss, and he quickly disappeared.

"You found them?" Atsushi asked.

And after a couple seconds:

"No, they must be elsewhere. Let's go look further down the road." He replied, a hint knowing in his tone.

--------------------------------
KUNIKIDA SHIPS IT LOLOLOLOL

Thank you for reading! Remember that request are open, and please vote, comment and follow me if you like for updates'n'shit ;)

~ Crabysnail

Tumblr: Crabysnail

Instagram: Crabysnail

Snapchat: Instagram