Wizard!Ranpo X Adventurer!Reader- Green Eyes

Hey guys! My hiatus is finally over! All my exams are over, and I've officially left school for good; I decided to come back with a fantasy themed chapter, as its my favourite genre. 

Here we go!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From a tale as ancient as time, legend whispered of green eyes.

First, they were only rumours on the wind, labelled as a fraudulent scheme to elicit the nobles' riches and gold. But then, people's lives began to change. Man found cures to incurable ailments; crops started to grow on lands plagued with illness and fire. Some said that the green eyes would watch- watch as things deemed impossible became the possible.

So the world began to accept that maybe, just maybe, the quiet words of this peculiar wizard- whose name was unknown- were in fact truth. If this man could predict the future; if he could retell your whole life to you with just one glance, did that make him a God? Or just a man?

Was he blessed, or cursed?

Nobody could ever tell.

As the years stretched on, and the bewildering stories of the green eyes reached distant plains- people banded together to discover the truth. Golden knights scoured the landscape; dragons studied the skies. And mankind searched for the green eyes of truth.

For many years they found nothing. It didn't stop the wizard from continuing his work, though. Oh no, unbeknownst to the rest of the world, he basked in the power of his fame and continued to save humanity little by little.

***

Gentle flakes of white settled around you, becoming one with the snow at your feet. Fingers numb, you wiped the frost from the stone before you; the flowers you placed at the grave would die soon, eaten by the cold. No emotion tainted your face as this wasn't the first visit, nor the last; the little time you could spare to remember your friend was the least you could do. Tall, shadowy pine trees like needles encased the small patch of land, keeping it secluded from the rest of the world. Only you knew where the grave lied.

This time you noticed, a little green was seeping into the nooks of the rock. Moss. Had it really been that long already?

"I can't believe you've been gone for ten years," You breathed, watching the whiteness of your breath slither through the air; "feels like just yesterday we discovered that small, secluded cavern of roses, and the tiny family of hummingbirds just north of here."

The coldness was beginning to wrap its sickly fingers around your heart now. "You died to protect our Majesty, but was that really the truth, (F/N)?" You whispered. Losing your companion had left a stain on your life. For years you'd been a team, fighting under the name of the king. He was a noble man- a good cause. But once you'd been left alone, the passion fizzled out for good. You knelt down to pay your respects.

As a sword for hire, life threw new enemies at you. Bandits, goblins, orcs; trouble makers. It wasn't the same.

"You don't know how they died, do you?" A calm, soft voice made you jump. You jolted upwards, head turning to look at the owner of the voice. Beside you a slim man draped in a darkened cape watched the headstone, not sparing you a glance. You could see inky black hair peeking out from under his hood; his pale complexion seemed to glow under the light, ageless like the moon itself. Taken aback (slightly from his beauty) you subconsciously dropped your hand to the hilt of your blade.

"No no, I don't mean any harm," He chuckled quietly, waving a hand in dismissal, "I only mean to talk."

"How did you find this place?" You asked slowly, feeling caught like a mouse in a trap.