Kunikida x kind!reader - 'Gentle'

Hey guys! This is a request for DarkWolfZ75, I hope you enjoy it! I went for a more, reader is kind and gentle, rather than the reader is a good listener, so I hope you don't mind :3

There is a mention of minor injuries in this fic, as well as them being treated; just a warning! Mention of blood!

------------------------------

You were the assistant to Yosano, and for good reason; you were kind, caring, and the perfect helper to a doctor who chopped off limbs for a living. While she treated the more serious injuries, you treated the minor ones. You were well-known for you kindness, and often get called out on it- it never failed to make you blush, though, not that you minded.

A mission had just been completed, and whilst everybody was still standing, a few had injuries which couldn't be left alone.

Glancing across the room, you spotted Kenji swinging his legs on a spinning chair- a light graze looked sore on his forehead, as well as a notable gash over his knee. You sighed, grabbing a first aid kit from the infirmary, and approached the small boy. He looked up at you with big, kind eyes, and smiled.

"Hello (Y/N)!" He grinned, twirling around once in his chair, "can I help you?"

"You're hurt, Kenji, let me treat you." You said softly, holding your hand out to him. His expression was blank for a while, for he said:

"Oh no, I don't need any first aid! When I lived in my village, I got cut all the time!"

"I don't want it to get infected, though, come on, it won't hurt- I'll buy you some sweets later if you let me?" You asked, tilting your head while waiting for his reply. His expression grew notably happier at your words, and he hesitantly nodded.

"Okay!"~ He grinned, sticking his leg out before you; a laugh escaped your lips, and you got to work, pulling antiseptic wet wipes from you kit, and cleaning the grime from the area before dressing the cut. "Eek, that stings!" he exclaimed suddenly, jerking away.

"I'm so sorry! Hold still, this might make it better." You took a bandage from the kit, which you'd bought for any children you might have to help; as if by coincidence, it had cute, cartoon cow faces on it, and Kenji's eyes grew wide.

"So cute!" he giggled, as you wrapped the clean cut up.

Unknown to the both of you, a certain person watched from their desk, a tiny smile plucking at the corners of their lips; your kindness would never go unnoticed to them. Kunikida would never admit it, but perhaps you were his ideal woman...

Finally, you finished treating the small boy, and he jumped from the seat.

"Thank you, (Y/N)!" He cried, skipping to the door, "Can we got to the shop now?"

"Yes, of course!" You said, following.

Kunikida's eyes quickly darted away as you swept past him, trying not to stare; you, on the other hand, noticed something as you passed him. A hole was ripped through his shirt, showing a nasty cut; you froze in your tracks.

"You weren't going to get that treated?" You asked, swallowing your nervousness at speaking to your crush. He glanced up, looking into your (E/C) irises.

"Get what treated?" he asked, pushing his glasses up his nose.

"That, you d-dummy." You grabbed his arm, gesturing to the cut.

"I'm fine." He muttered, but made no effort to move his arm away. Your touch was gentler then he'd expected.

"Idiot, it looks like there are splinters in it too." You said after further inspection, "Kenji, here," Pulling a small amount of money from your bag, you handed it to him, "go buy some sweets."