Akutagawa X F!Reader - 'You're all I need'

ReaBaskerville 's request :3
Rigght, sorry, because I feel Akutagawa is really OOC in this fic, so apologies

BUT ANYWAY ONWARDS WITH THE PROBABLY TERRIBLE FIC!!

--------------------------------------------------------

A steady breeze flooded through an open window; you kept your gaze fixed outside, waiting for a certain person to arrive. It had been almost a week now but Akutagawa was on his way home. A mission had come up of the up-most importance, and he'd been chosen to complete it- you had no idea if he had succeeded or not, but upon spotting him unharmed, approaching the building, you assumed all went well.

Now, as a matter of fact, you weren't actually supposed to be in his apartment, and you had no idea how your lover would react; you'd used your spare key to surprise him. Warm tea was set on the pristine and clean coffee table, and you darted back to the monochrome sofa, relaxing casually with a cup in hand. You'd been with Akutagawa for almost a year, and admittedly, things had been moving rather slow between you.

However, that did not bother you in the slightest; you knew how he felt- the hardships he's had to endure. You would move at a pace where he felt happiest, and that was how you liked it.

A light jingling of keys, slightly muffled behind the door snapped you from your thoughts, and you plastered a grin onto your face. The door quietly opened, and you greeted Akutagawa with a kind smile.

"Welcome home!" You exclaimed with your cup still in hand. His eyes widened, as he hardly expected you to have been there; the shock quickly faded away, replaced with content.

"Hello," He smiled softly, closing the door behind him. You relaxed back into the sofa, taking a sip from the pleasantly warm tea.

"How was the mission?" You asked, as he sat down beside you; his slender fingers wrapped around the other cup of tea, and he seemed to relax more when he finally took a sip.

"Could've gone better; not a failure though." He sighed, leaning back. You shuffled closer to him, his warmth comforting and inviting. You would never admit it, but you'd missed him the last couple of days. Waking up next to empty sheets just wasn't the same.

"Well, I'm glad you're okay," you said softly, "I mean, you make it sound as if it could've gone a lot worse."

"It almost did, the damn agency showed up." He sounded more irritated now, an anger in his tone you couldn't quite pinpoint.

"Let's not talk about the agency, instead..." You changed the subject quickly, knowing just how hot-headed he was about the agency, "What would you like for dinner?"

Akutagawa wasn't sure what came over him at that precise second, perhaps it was a wave of serene calm, or gratitude, yet it felt so different. There was no line between you anymore; it was as if he'd known you for a life time. All the pent up worries that he'd kept contained seemed non-existent, as he turned his head sideways to look into your (E/C) irises. All he could see was love and warmth swimming within them- it was at that second his small, neat apartment finally felt like it was a home. And, as if to just intensify the love beginning to swell in his once-cold heart, you said:

"Wait, I know what you're going to say- I made that fig and blue cheese tart- from scratch- that you like so much. You're welcome in advance." You grin proudly, pride glowing in your expression. Akutagawa looked at you, deadpanned for a second, before a very faint pink dusted over his cheeks, one you'd never seen before. "Oh, Aku?~ Are you okay?" You lent over to him, placing your tea down on the table, and inspecting his expression. He seemed to pout, turning away.

"I'm fine." He said, obviously not of the latter.

"Do you feel ill?" You asked, ignoring his comment and leaning in closer.

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes!"

"Alright." You sighed, leaning back into your seat, "just watching you blush is adorable." And there was mischievousness in your tone, what he was used to- what he'd wake up nearly every day to. The inky haired man realized you'd been kidding all along. But, it didn't irritate him, like he thought it would; a small smile plucked at his features.

"Very funny..." He muttered, rolling his eyes. You laughed a warm, kind laugh which made his heart leap.

It was then, he finally realized, that he did in fact feel comfortable with you, and there was indeed an unbreakable bond which he never though would ever form. As he stared down into the cup of tea in his hands, he caught the smell of the tart in the oven. The scent wafted towards him, so easily tempting.

 He summoned the courage to say the words that he knew you'd been dying to hear- even if you'd never, ever, show it. It took him a couple seconds, watching the tiny ripples in the tea, but he took a deep breath, turned towards you, and began to speak

"I..." He paused, coughing, and then started again, "I just wanted to tell you... that I love you." His tone was quiet and calm, but inside he felt the entire opposite. Your eyes widened, and had to place the cup down in case you dropped it; did he just say what you though he just said? 

Before you knew it, a huge smile had crept onto your face, lighting up your expression joyfully. Wordlessly, you leapt forwards, and wrapped your arms around his neck; your embrace was so soft, yet contained such passion. Akutagawa's arms slowly crept around you, returning the hug. You pressed your face into the crook of his neck, finding peace in his warmth, and feeling his heart beat (albeit a little quickly, perhaps from embarrassment) and you whispered:

"I love you too."

You stayed like that for a little while, finding peace in each other's embrace- just being close to him was all you ever wanted; it made your heart swell with happiness, one indescribable, and impossible to put into words.

It was then you realized, it was the little things in life that matter; just the small acts you did to break his cold exterior.

And you'd never loved him more- He was all that you needed.

After a couple more seconds, the perfect moment was rudely interrupted. A chime sounded, alerting you that the tart had finished cooking; you heard him sigh, and loosen his grip on you, but you didn't move.

"No... Just a little bit longer." You breathed, and Akutagawa was hardly going to say no.

--------------------------------------

lol the tart is gonna burn im a stupid author

Please vote, comment and follow me for updates'n'shit ;)Thanks for reading! If anybody has any advise on how to write Akutagawa's character, it'd be much obliged :3 :3 :3 

~Crabysnail

Tumblr- Crabysnail

Instagram- Crabysnail

Snapchat- Crabysnail