Ranpo X F!Reader - 'Kitten'

Hey, just a short fic here- I came up with this idea fairly recently, when I saw a cat that looked just like Ranpo... just goes to show how much of a total weeb I am lol

------------------

"(Y/N), we have a serious problem." Kunikida announced; you looked up from your book, shocked.

"What?" You asked, slamming it closed; leaping to your feet, you grabbed your coat, "I can handle it!"

"It's Ranpo." He said, quieter this time- at the mention of your boyfriend, you felt your blood run cold.

"I-Is he okay?" You stuttered, "Oh god, don't tell me something bad has happened to him"-

"He got lost."

"Huh?" Well, you couldn't say you weren't surprised; at least it wasn't as terrible as you assumed it was going to be. Sighing and tugging on your (F/C) coat, you glanced outside to the window, where snow stormed from the sky. Japan didn't usually have snow, it was an extremely rare occasion, and it wasn't even winter; shoving a pair of gloves on, you got ready to leave.

"Sorry to have to send you out in this, (Y/N)..." Kunikida muttered, "However, you're the best chance we have at finding him, the mastermind might be able to solve mysteries, but he's blind to the city."

"Yeah, you got that right," Your tone was slightly irritated, as you trudged out the door. Instantly, bitter cold wind slammed into you, chilling your nose, and the tips of your ears. Yanking up your hood, you headed towards the centre of the city, hailing a cab. When the yellow vehicle stopped at the side of the road, you felt relived at its cosy warmth. It did smell of cheap perfume, though, and a collection of nick-knacks dangled from the rear view mirror.

"Where are you headed Miss?" The taxi driver was a woman, middle aged with a kind face (Perhaps a bit too much makeup though).

"City centre please." You replied, pulling your phone from your pocket. You dialled Ranpo's number, waited... and it went straight to answer phone. Scowling, you tried texting.

'Hey, the whole agency is looking 4 u,

Tell me where you are, and I'll meet u there.'

You clicked send, watching the little animated envelope whizz away on the screen.

"Meetin' a boyfriend then?" The driver asked, chewing gum. Fuzzy country music played on the radio- the absolute worst.

"More like trying to find him, the guy is a mastermind but gets lost so easily." You sighed, shoving your phone back into your pocket. Glancing out the window, you watched the city pass by, dusted in shimmering white.

"Eh, an old boy of mine was clever, but shagged me off for some ugly bitch- I decked him one, right after I"... You weren't listening, in fact you didn't have a care in the world; the views of the snow coated trees and icy puddles was much more interesting. You kept an eye out for the detective.

About ten minutes later, all of which the driver rambled on for, you arrived in the city centre, at the community park.

"We're here darlin', that will be seven quid." The driver smiled, as you got out; approaching the window, you thanked her and handed her the cash. "I hope you find your boyfriend." She grinned, before driving off. Left standing in the snow, you sighed.

"So do I..." You muttered, turning around and heading into the park.

---

The trees acted as shelter to the freezing winds, and you trudged through the think snow, feeling the ends of your toes going numb. The area was mostly abandoned for the time being, though you did spot a couple kids making snow men, and having snowball fights. You stayed well clear, taking the wider path through the middle of the park and heading towards the centre. Skirting around a corner, you felt the wind beginning to die down, and you spotted the huge fountain which sat in the middle of an open courtyard.

Only, you spotted a figure sat on the edge, peering down into the frozen water. They appeared to be holding something close to their chest. A sigh relief escaped your lips when you realised who it was.

"Ranpo!" You picked up your pace, jogging towards him and crossing your arms.

"Ah, (Y/N)! I knew you would arrive any second now!" He exclaimed, grinning at you; the top of his hat was dusted with snow, and it seemed as if he'd been sat there for quite a while.

"Why are you sat here doing nothing- did you even get my text?" You snapped. He didn't seem affected your angry tone, and instead let out a laugh.

"Of course I did, but I was busy, I couldn't reply." He answered, "You see, I have my hands full."

Very slowly, Ranpo revealed a tiny ball of fluff from inside his jacket; it shifted, lifting is sleepy head up to stare at you. Your eyes widened, it was a tiny black kitten!

"Oh my goodness..." You bent down, ruffling its silky fur- its huge emerald eyes stared at you, as it blinked the sleepiness away; the feline began to purr loudly. You couldn't help but see the resemblance between the cat and your boyfriend...

"I couldn't leave him all alone in the snow, because he doesn't have a home... he would have frozen to death in at least two hours, but I had no idea how to get back to the agency either..." Ranpo scratched the back of his head awkwardly, his raven hair falling over his face. You could hardly be mad at your boyfriend now, as the kitten snuggled into his lap.

"Can we keep him?" You asked in awe, totally entranced by the kitten's perfectly cute features.

"I think Poe would like that." Ranpo smirked.

"Poe... that sounds strangely like your name..." You said, looking up into the emerald eyes of your boyfriend. His smirk turned to a full out grin.

"A great name for a great cat, of course." He said, standing. The kitten's eyes fluttered closed again, as it buried its head into Ranpo's coat. You shivered, and of course, he didn't miss it. "Can you show me the way home? Me and Poe are hungry..." The man said, taking your gloved hand. You nodded, starting to walk the way you came.

All was silent after that, save for the tiny, muffled purrs you could hear from under Ranpo's jacket.

----------------------------

AHHH I LOVE CATS SO MUCH I AM A CAT PERSON THEY ARE PERFECT :3

I started this book with the intentions of keeping the authors notes fangirl free.... AHAHAHHAAHAH

Please vote, comment and follow me for updates'n'shit ;)

~Crabysnail

Tumblr= Crabysnail

Instagram= Crabysnail