Ranpo X Kuudere!Reader - 'Tough Love'

HideIsJustAsleep 's request! It's not exactly what you asked for, so sorry :S

------------------------------------------

You sat down into your desk chair, slumping into the leather a little further as another load of paper work was placed beside you. To say the least, you weren't impressed, but you kept your mouth shut as Kunikida shot you a sympathetic glance and walked away. Silently, you got to work with a straight face, typing away on your laptop quietly in the corner.

It was easy getting used the extra load; you never decided to object anyway. It just wasn't worth it- in your opinion; someone had to do it in the end. Shifting in your seat, your (E/C) Irises peered up over the top of your computer, instantly making eye contact with Dazai across the room. A huge, suggestive smirk stretched over his face; just as he was about to say something dramatic, you looked back to laptop screen, completely and utterly ignoring him.

You heard a huge huff, most likely from the suicidal man himself as you blanked him.

"Aww, (Y/N)! Why do you hate me so much?" He whined, getting up from his seat and leaning beside the wall next to your desk- you didn't reply, but did glance at him out of the corner of your eye.

"I don't hate you." You said simply, tone void of any emotion, as you got typing again.

"You're so quiet, what I would do to break that cold exterior of yours!~" Dazai chimed, over-dramatically spinning around, holding out a hand to you. You looked at his outstretched hand, back up at him, back down to his hand.... Then back to your computer. Dazai pouted, and walked away, totally rejected.

Unknown to you, a certain man watched from his desk by the window, a light scowl on his face. At first he thought Dazai had just been doing this as a favor to him perhaps, allowing him to sweep in and confess his love to you. Now the detective wasn't so sure, he was almost certain that Dazai actually liked you... and that irritated him. However, he sighed and glanced away, reading his favourite fantasy horror book all over again since it was the only thing capable of distracting him.

------

You had almost gotten through the first section of paper work when an extravagant rose was dropped down onto your desk, followed by a box of chocolates, expensive ones at that.

"Oh, (Y/N), would you do the honors of committing a double"-

"No." You said simply, pushing the rose and chocolates aside with a sweep or your hand. Dazai gasped dramatically.

"I've been rejected?! How cold of you!" he cried. Kunikida looked up from his seat at his desk, and his eye twitched in irritation.

"Oi, you bandage hording maniac! Leave her alone!" He yelled; Dazai frowned, bottom lip sticking out in disappointment as he walked away.

Ranpo looked up again, watching you silently continue with your typing- he observed your emotionless expression, so calm and serene- it made his heart skip a beat. He knew you were intelligent; it was one of the things that had drawn him to you in the first place. And, the one evening that he remembers so vividly; you'd listened to his stories and prideful exclamations for hours, and he was convinced that you were bored- yet when you started asking questions, (E/C) irises glowing with curiosity, he'd known he'd fallen for you. As he watched Dazai's countless proposals of love, he could feel the jealousy starting to swirl up from his chest- the green eyed monster had arrived... Tomorrow, he decided, he was going to make his move.

-------------

After a couple more hours, the sky had grown dark, and you'd finally finished your paperwork. With a sigh, you turned off your laptop and closed it with a click. What greeted you almost made you jump, but you regained your composure almost instantly. Dazai crouched at your desk-side, a mischievous smirk pulling at his lips. Slowly, he revealed a cute, fluffy kitten plush from behind his back,  and held it out towards you. You raised an eyebrow, looking at the overly excited man and back to toy; then you stood up, pulling your jacket from the back of your chair and slipped it on. You left the building for the evening, leaving behind a sad, rejected Dazai.

--------------

The next morning, you expected the events of the previous day not to continue, however, how wrong you were. You pushed open the door to the office, and skidded to a halt. Brightly coloured balloons were strung to the back of your chair, and the desk itself was dusted with rose petals. You sighed.

"Dazai, stop hiding." You said quietly, approaching your desk and starting to untie the balloons. Walking to the window, you let it swing open, before letting the balloons free on the warm morning's breeze. You could hear a few snickers from around the office as Dazai let out a loud cry.

"Oh, you wound me!" He cried, "Also, those were kinda expensive..." He added, quieter.

"Not for you they weren't, you thief!" Kunikida yelled, waving a fist in the air. You glanced to the side of the room, ignoring the rabble, and searched for the one person you were interested in. Ranpo wasn't anywhere to be seen, and it made your heart sink a little. Never would you admit it, but you had a huge crush on the insanely clever detective for a long time now; even though he probably knew it already. You assumed he didn't a care in the world for you, as he's never even given you a second glance (at least that's what you thought anyway).

You were snapped  back to reality when a desperate looking Dazai approached you, waving his hands about dramatically.

"How can you resist my suicidal charms, I've tried everything in my guide book to get you to like me!" He pouted. Just as you were about to reject him, somebody spoke up.

"It's because she likes somebody else instead." A familiar voice said. You looked past Dazai, spotting Ranpo leaning against the door-frame- he smirked, ebony hair falling over his face.

"And who might that be? I must fight them for her love!" Dazai pretended to fight, waving his arms about for a second as if in battle.

"Isn't totally obvious?" He asked.

"Yeah, to a smart-ass like you! She never talks!" Kunikida spoke up, sounding curious.

"Let's not talk about this!" You quickly tried to change the subject, but the others were already waiting for Ranpo's deduction. The detective glanced at you, catching your gaze.

"It's me, of course!" He said, tone full of confidence and pride. Dazai's jaw dropped, and Kunikida's eyes widened. You instantly felt your cheeks grow hot.

"Sorry, Dazai, I don't think I could stand another second of you flirting with (Y/N), it's time for you to find somebody else." His tone sounded more serious this time, irritated. You could just see the beautiful emerald of his eyes from across the room meet your gaze, and you almost looked away, but he started to walk towards you. When he was at your side, you were certain your face was red- and you hated it.

"Can you show me to a nice date spot? I don't know any." He asked, taking your hand and walking swiftly towards the door. "Sorry, we're both taking the day off- see you tomorrow!" He called out behind him. And then, you were out the door, hand in hand.

"U-um... Ranpo?" You asked, catching his attention.

"Hmm?"

"How long have you known?"

"A long time"~

"Oh." You said, slightly dejected. He stopped, looking straight at you with the emerald eyes you love so much.

"I'll just have to say it, because I'm sure you won't be able to realize it on your own- I like you too"~ He smiled, leaning in to place a kiss on your lips.

And, when he pulled away, it was the first time he'd ever seen a genuine smile adorning your normally still features. It made his heart leap, partly with joy, because the then knew, you were his.

--------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! This was the first time I've written Ranpo's character, so if you have any tips or advice, I'd love to read them :P

Please vote, comment and follow me for updates'n'shit

~Crabysnail

Tumblr= Crabysnail

Instagram= Crabysnail

Snapchat= Crabysnail