Atsushi X F!Reader - 'Partners in crime'

Hey, whats up guys!? Doing well I hope! :P Here is a quick fic I whipped up for you all, enjoy!

(F/F)= Favourite food

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You held the pistol out in front of you, your aim steady as your finger hovered over the trigger. Blood dotted your black clothing in various areas- and some of it wasn't even yours. With a sudden thud, Atsushi leaped beside you- both his arms were covered in silver fur spreading down to his hand, and sprouting into deadly claws- you shot him a glance.

"You okay?" You yelled over the gunfire.

"Better than ever!" He gave you a furry thumbs up, causing a grin to spread over your face.

"Let's go then, partner!"

Steadying yourself further, you activated your ability, 'Vision of a hawk'; it allowed you to aim flawlessly at any target. Your (E/C) Irises turned a solid, sparkling gold as you aimed at your targets, hitting each without a miss.

Hands whizzing, you spun whilst avoiding enemy gunfire, letting your own bullets fly; Atsushi charged towards a huge bulk of a man, summoning the strength to slash him down skilfully.

You were an amazing team, a powerful tank, and a perfectly aimed firer- there wasn't many people who'd be able to stand in your way... yet there was one, however.

And they had arrived. 

"What amateur moves, can you not even fully transform?" A cold voice, void of any emotion hissed. You snapped your gaze up towards low hanging roof, looking straight into the dark eyes of Akutagawa standing intimidatingly above you. feeling the colour drain from your face, a wave of fear encased your heart, yet you didn't flee.

Without waiting for him to make a move, you raised your gun and fired countless bullets at the man, who, to your horror, was not hit once. His Rashomon merely gurgled, and spat them back out. You didn't back down though- your pride wouldn't allow it. Atsushi was at your side in an instant.

"(Y/N), we should retreat..." He whispered, knowing too well this was a fight you couldn't win. A deadly frown darkened your face, as you scanned the area for something to use against the man. Akutagawa was just about to attack, when you spotted something that you could use- yet it was risky. 

A large fuel barrel was positioned about two hundred yards away- the explosion would be massive, and would probably hit the two of you. The gamble was incredibly dangerous- you had no idea if it would work. But, as the deep crimson grasp of Akutagawa's Rashomon loomed towards you, the gamble, you realized, had to be taken.

"Atsushi, get ready!" You yelled, barging in front of him, and raising the gun to your eye level- taking a deep breath, you intensely scanned the barrel for its weakest spot, and then fired. It was too late when Atsushi realized what you were doing, as horror spread over his expression.

 You instantly dropped the gun, and pushed your full body weight into the boy, who lost his footing; a massive boom shook the ground, as waves of heat barreled towards you- Akutagawa's expression was full of shock, as he just managed to leap to safety in time; flood of flames crawled over you and your partner. 

 Pain ignited over your back, as the fire licked at your skin and burned through your clothes- You were incredibly thankful that Atsushi was okay, though; you'd managed to protect him. After a couple of painfully long seconds, the flames subsided, and you were free from their grasp. You could feel the agony racing down your back, as the cold air hit the terrible burns; Atsushi's eyes snapped open, and he quickly saw the horrific injuries spread over your skin.

"(Y/N)!" He cried, pulling you into his arms.

"Is.. Akutagawa.. gone?" You asked feebly, the gold from you Irises now faded away completely.

"Y-yeah! What were you thinking?! You're badly hurt!" You could see tears beginning to well in his two-toned eyes, and you raised a hand to his cheek.

"We can't just... run from that monster all the time..." You wheezed, smiling, "Besides, just a b-burn... I'll live!"

"Why?" He whispered, taking the hand that rested on his face into his own, squeezing it tightly, "Why'd you protect me like that?"

"I care about you, isn't that obvious?" You smiled through the pain, observing the red blush spreading over the boy's cheeks.

"D-Dummy." He sighed, avoiding eye contact, "Let's get you back to the agency."

----------------

When Atsushi carried you though the doors of the agency, a worried yet tender expression adorning his features, Yosano rushed to his side demanding him to hand you over to her. He followed her to the infirmary, eventually placing you down into a bed of crisp white sheets- the doctor inspected your burns, then sighed.

"Don't worry too much, kid, she's gonna be fine." Yosano announced, pulling some latex gloves onto her manicured hands with a snap. Atsushi breathed a huge sigh of relief, running a now-human hand though his hair. 

"But, you know what I have to do! Please leave while I heal this poor girl..." A deadly smirk pulled at the corners of her lips, as she pulled a scalpel from her bag- the boy cringed.

"Please don't hurt her too much!" He begged, bowing, before leaving in a hurry, almost tripping out of the door. The doctor let out a light chuckle, before getting started.

----------------

You felt as if you haven't moved for days- an invisible weight tugged at your limbs, but the pain from your back had vanished. Opening your (E/C) eyes, you stared up at the while ceiling. Slowly, you adjusted to the bright lights in the room.

"(Y/N)!" A familiar voice chirped, as you felt a shift next to you. Eyes darting to the side, you noticed a rather sleepy looking Atsushi staring at you with joy-filled irises. You smiled sincerely at him; he returned the expression, looking bubbly. "I've been waiting for you to wake up, I bought a plate of (F/F) for you!" He exclaimed, jumping from his seat. 

"There is something else I want first, though..." You smirked. The boy looked confused, tilting his head slightly- you could feel your heart beat a little faster, but you quickly decided on your actions. Raising an achy hand, you tapped your lips.

Atsushi deadpanned, obviously oblivious.

"Oh, do you want a drink?" He asked sweetly, "I'll go and get you one!"

"No, thank you, I'll get one later, I would like something else, actually, please." You asked again, repeating the action. You finally watched as Atsushi's face turned a bright pink, as he caught onto your actions. He didn't move for a second, and you shifted awkwardly. "I m-mean, only if you want!" you added quickly, but it seemed you didn't have to.

"O-okay!" He cried, before leaning in rather too quickly, and placing a nervous peck on your lips. Your own cheeks were dusted pink now, as the boy pulled back, and looked into your eyes.

"T-thanks!" You said, cursing yourself for stuttering. He grinned sheepishly, scratching the back of his head.

"Wait," He laughed, "Let me try that again..."

So, he leaned in again, slower this time.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hey, thanks for reading! Please leave any advice in the comments for writing certain characters personalities, and stuff.

Please vote, comment and follow me for updates'n'shit ;)

~ Crabysnail

Tumblr= Crabysnail

Instagram= Crabysnail

Snapchat= Crabysnail