Chapter Two!

Hey! Heres another chapter! oh and look at my amazing book cover by AKBcookiiezz! pretty awesome right? hah yeah...

Anyway enjoy and if you really like it or have some advice i'd love to hear about it! PS. if you love it love it you should tell your friends *wink wink* :)

have a good day lovess!

Ps. I'm Exremely sorry it took Forever and a Day for thiss..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Two!

It seemed like the school day was taking forever. All of my classes were amazingly boring and the day seemed to drag on and on. Even my favorite class; Art was unusually dull. We watched a video about  Picasso and his many phases or something. The monotonous narrator made it excruciatingly hard to focus. In the end I ended up spending over half the class staring out the window in a daze. I watched the birds flutter from tree to tree just admiring how joyful their songs sounded. To me it feels like they're always so light-hearted and carefree. Mothering their babies and going about their business as if nothing ever can or will go wrong.

When lunch finally rolled around I sat at my usual table with my closest friends Maggie and Piper.The three of us have known each other since, well, forever. We're inseparable. If it wasn't for our looks I think people would call us sisters. Piper knows exactly what to say to help anyone, and she's friends with alomost everyone. Maggie is the one who you'd want to back you up in a fight, she's extremely strong headed and will tell you like it is. I definitely don't know how I would survive high school if not for them. Simply saying they are my rock.

Most days we would try to hang out and today wasn't any different. They tried inviting me to hangout with them tonight and it pained me to turn them down. Even when they started talking about some popular's awesome party going on this weekend. I told them I still wouldn't be able to go, all thanks to Matilda. Even though I wouldn't be going, it was fun watching them come up with ways to crash it.

 Crash it you ask? Well, see we weren't the most well known people at our school. I mean we weren't losers just not popular and that means we aren't invited to parties like those. Even if we could go to those parties The cheerleaders would probably boot us out anyway. Lets just say the Guard wasn't one of thier favorite groups. I honestly don't get it. They had the popularity and the guys and always good uniforms. We didn't have the popularity or the guys and our uniforms we'd sometimes classify as "ugly potato sacks overdosed on glitter". The cheerleaders really don't have any logical reason to mess with us. That is, unless they feel threatened of course. I mean, we are a force to be reckoned with, what group of girls with weapons isn't? Or maybe it had something to do with the fact we won more trophies and titles than them? Popularity has nothing to do with skill you know.

Needless to say, by then end of my classes I was more than ready for practice today. I don't know what it is, but when I put a flag in my hand its like I'm at peace. I forget about my problems and just focus on how my body and flag move in sync with the music. For two hours I could let loose and do my favorite thing with my amazing guard buddies. All too soon it was 5:00, though, and practice was done. While those menacing chores awaited me.

~~~~

Two hours in and three tasks down I decided I was done for tonight. The whole time I had my Ipod going and my favorite songs turned on full blast. It was incredible what you could get done while dancing. After I put all my cleaning supplies away I started dinner and got a table for one ready. I I set a place mat at the head of our huge table and added the correct silverware to either side. After that I scurried back into the kitchen to add the noodles to the pot of boiling water. Then an idea hit me. I went to one of the cabinets and pulled out one of Matilda's expensive wine glasses and set it on the counter. I opened then fridge and grabbed a can of Dr. Pepper. I thought to myself "what she doesn't know won't hurt her". With a small smile of satisfaction I popped the can open and watched it glide down the glass as I poured it in. Slowly I put the glass up to my lips and sipped the sweet beverage. An explosion of yumminess brought my taste buds to life. How refreshing. Finally the noodles were done and I added the cheese to my gourmet meal of mac-n-cheese. I sat down at the head of the table and ate my food. It was so quiet, the clanking of my fork the only sound. I was getting restless now. So I brought my dishes back to the kitchen, slipped my shoes on, grabbed my coat and Ipod and headed out the door.

A chilly breeze whipped at my cheeks and ruffled my auburn, brown hair and I dug my hands deeper into my pockets and started my music. It was january and the sun was low behind the trees, now, giving the sky an orange-pinkish tint. I decided to head for a park not too far from my house. As I breathed in the fresh, outdoorsy scent my thoughts started to wonder...

The setting sun made the shadows grow long and disfigured upon the side walk. the breeze continually whipped at my cheeks but all I could feel was the warm of his hand enveloping mine slightly swaying back and fourth. The undeniable feeling of tingles was humming through my arm. I could feel a smile on my face as I stared up at his eyes...

The change of songs brought me back to reality. But I couldn't help but wonder about the mysterious green eyed boy who had been taking over my dreams lately. I looked around and saw I had arrived at the park. Taking in my new surroundings I realized only a few people were still here. At least I could have some peace and quiet. A few minutes passed as I slowly strolled down the sidewalk listening to the lyrics coming through my ear buds. Then a high beat song came on and my eyes lit up. How could I possibly not take advantage of this sparsely populated area? Without a second thought or a glance around I stuck out my foot and began doing Channe turns. Around and around, I turned to the music. I focused on the beat and a single spot so as not to get dizzy. I kept spinning and with every turn all my thoughts vanished untill all I focused on was the beat and that one spot. My cares seemed to have drifted away.  As I went into another turn, I searched for my spot but it wasn't there. Then out of nowhere I ran into something. The force of the impact sent me flying back and to the ground. Oh so gracefully I landed with an almost inaudible "oomph". I sat on the ground, and if possibly things could go more wrong, they did. My twirling had finally caught up with me and I was overcome with a dizzy spell. I raised my hand up to my head like maybe by doing that the dizziness would subside.

"Hey, are you ok?" a voice came. My forgotten thoughts coming back to me, I looked up. While everything was still spinning leaning over me was a concerned face. More specifically a guy, a very unfamiliar but very cute guy. I tried to focus my vision, so maybe there would be not three, but one person standing there, like there should be. As in response to my silence he reached out his hand and helped me up.

I looked up my dizziness finally deciding to stop. "Thanks" giving the stranger a small smile.

"Anytime. You were really flying, huh?" he said, his full lips curving into a slight smile.

"Yeah I guess," I said looking down, suddenly becoming shy.  "I'm sorry I ran into you"

"Oh it's totally fine, don't worry about it. It looked like you were really into it though."

"Yeah," I said looking up again "Shanay's are sorta my favorite"

Looking up at him I finally took in his features. He was wearing faded blue jeans and a white T-shirt that perfectly showed off his muscles that were hiding under it. He was pretty tall too, almost a head taller than me. The guy's hair was slightly  messy, though it still looked amazing. Then his eyes caught my attention. Do you know that feeling when something you can't quite think of is on the tip of your tongue? That's how his eyes were; familiar but I couldn't place them.

"Yeah," he said lightly chuckling "I can tell."

I glanced up at the blue sky that was getting darker by the second. I needed to head home. "Well I better be going" motioning the way towards my house.

"Oh yeah," he said shooting a glance upward. "Alright, Later then." He jogged past and waved over his shoulder to me. I stared at his back as he continued to travel farther away. As soon as he was about out of sight, a  thought suddenly hit me, what the heck was his name?

I turned away beginning my walk for home. It's not like I would see him again right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just noticed i'm no good at dialogue! especially for the guy!!

ugh oh well...

thanks for reading!!

PS. for all of you guys who are wondering what "Guard" is there is a picture now! just over there--->, see!