Chapter EIGHT!

~Chapter Eight!~

Ever since the Ashley thing at lunch I hadn't seen her the rest of the day. Which of course is good for me. The rest of the day had been quite uneventful and I didn't have any more classes with Luke. Something did surprise me though. I was in Guard class and since our floor can't fit in the Band room we are forced to bring it into the gym and split it with the gym class. I was pulling the floor cart into the gym and it was kind of stuck. I was pulling and pulling and it wouldn't budge.

"How about I help you with that?" The voice came from the other side of the door. I looked up and Luke in all his glory was standing there.

"It would be appreciated" I huffed still pulling the cart. He chuckled and with out a second thought gave it one push and the cart was free. I said a quick thanks and went to get the rest of the equipment. The rest of the class I found myself glancing to the other side of the gym quite a few times.

Currently I was sitting on the stairs leading into the school. Practice had been cancelled today and poor little me couldn't get a ride.  Ashley was going to have to pick me up. Oh joy!

The bright sun was heating up my legs, my rifle and bags were propped on the stairs next to me. How long did it take to get your nails done? School let out forty five minutes ago. It couldn't take that long could it? Of course I wouldn't know though, it's not like I get mine done that often. No, its nearly impossible for me to keep them long during the season.

Seeing a lack of human life I start humming to myself. "mm mm mm mm yes we can and it's the reason mm mm mmm mmm!"  I was so into the tune I was humming I didn't hear the school doors click open and closed.

"I think you need to keep your day job, hun."

The sudden voice made me jump out of my skin as I laid my hand over my heart to make sure it was still working. "I'll keep that in mind when my heartbeat returns to normal."

"I hope so," the person chuckled "I didn't mean to startle you."

I looked up and gave a glare to the person who was insulting my singing. Low and behold it was none other than, you guessed it, "Gee thanks, Luke, what if my ultimate goal in life was to be a superstar?" I said looking up at the sky like I was in a daze.

"Belle seriously? I didn't mean it really, I-"

"Dude it's all good" I interrupted. Turning to him with a playful smile. "I embraced my lack of ability to sing ages ago." He let out a breath seeming to be relieved.

"Good, I'd hate to know I was the one to rip your dreams to shreds" he said sitting down next to me.

I let out a chuckle "Matilda has that job covered"

A moment of silence past and just when it was about to get awkward we both spoke at once "Go ahead" Luke quickly said.

"Oh it's okay, you first" I said. He was about object "Please" I insisted.

"Fine," he let out a sigh. "So why are you sitting on the school steps scaring the birds away?"

I playfully glared at his comment knowing he was just joking about my dreadful singing. "Well," I began sticking my nose in the air. "Practice was cancelled and I couldn't get a ride." Finishing I looked at him. My gaze traveled to his glowing green orbs that perfectly glistened in the sun, instantly sending that feeling of familiarness with them.

"Okay then." He said getting to his feet and turning to me. "Would you," he bowed and reached out his hand "like to accompany me on my journey home?"

I looked at Luke questioningly, and he remained in his position waiting for an answer.

"I'd love to, sir" I smiled and took his hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke and I were half way home now riding in his silver Mustang. A comfortable silence had come over us as I looked out the passenger side window. I was lost in thought watching the businesses and houses whiz past me.

"Whatcha thinking about?" Luke said disturbing the silence.

Turning from the window I said "Ehh nothing interesting."

"Aww, c'mon," glancing at me "There has to be something going on in that little head of yours."

After a second a thought came to me. Could I possibly know Luke from when I was little? When my dad had decided that mom wasn't coming back we'd got our stuff and left. We moved to the house I'd left just weeks ago. Could I have known Luke from my old school? Pre k maybe?

"Do I know you from anywhere?"

"What?" he replied confused. "I don't think so, why?"

"Mmm..just wondered" I said quickly. Maybe I was wrong.

We pulled into our "little" community and were navigating our way through the winding roads.

Seeing Luke was going the right way, "You remember where I live?" I questioned.

"Almost," he said pulling onto the road where my house was. "I forgot which one"

"This one coming up." I pointed. He pulled into the driveway. I gathered my stuff and climbed out carefully as not to trip. Before shutting the door I leaned down "Thanks for the ride, You saved me from 'Miss Popular'" Luke chuckled at my name for Ashley

"The pleasure was mine" he winked.

With that I shut the door and started walking up the driveway. I heard his tires rolling over the gravel and turned over my shoulder. He pulled out the driveway catching me watching him, He waved and drove away. "See you tomorrow" I whispered and continued up the driveway with a little smile on my face.

I opened the large door and stepped inside. I sighed, It was chore time, yay..not. I took a step toward the stairs but was immediately pulled back. I felt long manicured nails dig into my skin tightening their grip as I spun around to meet their owner. They belonged to..Ashley.

Without wasting a second she started interrogating me. "Who was that? It was a boy wasn't it?"

"Like I'd tell you!" I snapped and tried to break free but she only dug her nails in my arm more.

"Who was it?" She yelled. If looks could kill, trust me I'd be ten feet under, Her glare was deadly. Anger filled her eyes making them dark. I flinched at her volume, if she wanted to know then fine.

"I don't know why you care," Getting mad also, Ashley had no right to demand to know who I rode home with, she wasn't my mother. "But if you must know, since you didn't bother to come and pick me up, Luke offered to drive me."

At the information her eyes darkened even more and she was undoubtedly furious. "Listen here." she sneered starting to back up pinning me to the wall a tight grasp still on my arm. "Luke is mine, you Guard Freak!"

I huffed fuming at her comment. "Ashley," my voice was surprisingly calm. "He is a person, you can't just claim him." I finished, slowing it down so she could comprehend. 

"Haha," Sarcasm leaking from her voice, "says the girl who hasn't had a boyfriend." A smug look cavered her face as she thought she had won the argument.

She didn't get it did she? "Having a boyfriend has nothing to do with knowing that you can't 'claim' someone"

Ashley huffed and let go of my arm. "We'll see about that now won't we?" and with one last glare she stomped off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No rant today guys! Sorry for taking for forever, i KNOW you're dying to read more.... ;)

anyway whatcha think? what if I did a chapter in Luke's POV? ehh just thoughts. well have a good day hope you enjoyed!! :D

Comments make my day lovelies! *wink wink*

haha g'day

~Katiebug <3