Chapter 2

It's been seventeen years. Seventeen years since the Kelly's told me that I was made in a lab. Seventeen years since knowing that I had a job to do. My "parents," Mr. and Mrs. Kelly, told me all of this when I was 2. I didn't understand it at first. But as I grew up, they explained it to me more.

And here we are now. Seventeen years later. Secretly protecting Alycia without her knowing. I am not to leave her or do anything to hurt her. Because that would break her, and I didn't want that to happen.

"Y/N? You okay there, bud?" Alycia asked as she was snapping her fingers in front of me.

"Did I zone out again?" She nodded. I have been zoning out more often lately since that whole "don't tell Alycia this secret" thing.

"Let's go before we are late to class." She grabbed my hand and basically dragged me. The school we go to wasn't that far, so we walk to school. We sometimes bike to school if we don't feel like walking.

Here is a little insider about our school. Every single person that goes there is all snobby rich kids; well, some of them are. There are a few alright people. Those who are "alright" are friends with Alycia and me. The rich kids, well, let's say they wouldn't dare to come near us. They have this "belief" or whatever that if you become friends with us, you turn into "one of us," or whatever that means. We wouldn't want them in the first place. But here's the plot twist, the rich kids have been trying to get me to be on their side.

"Hey, Y/N." I felt Alycia squeeze me a hand when Allison appeared in front of me. Ahh, Allison Phillips. The school's #1 bitch.

"Allison." That was all I said. She looked at me with lust and then looked at Alycia with disgust.

"Y/N. We should get going. We're going to be late." Alycia mumbled. I nodded and was about to walk with Alycia to our class when Allison grabbed Alycia's wrist.

"Why are you always with her? She's not even that pretty." But, judging by Alycia's face, Allison's grip on her was too tight.

"I think you should leave. Class is about to start." I said as I walked towards her and gently pulled her grip away from Alycia's wrist. She looked at me with fury written all over her face and walked away. "Does it hurt?"

"No. We should go." She mumbled and walked past me to get to class. I let out a sigh and caught up to her. I heard a couple of mumbling once I got inside the room. Probably wondering why Alycia and I didn't come inside the room together. I just ignored it and sat down on my seat, which was 4 rows away from Alycia.

"You two fighting or something?" Lauren asked. Lauren Jauregui. One of my best friends, also one of the few people who knows about the whole "created in the lab" thing since her parents help "create" me, I guess.

"No. Just Allison." I sighed and laid my head down on my desk. She gave me a pat on the back and sat down on her seat when the bell rang. The teacher came in and started class. I don't pay much attention since I already know all of it. It's one of the benefits of being created in a lab.

"Y/N." I felt someone shaking me.

"What?" I groaned and raised my head to see who it was. Lauren and Alycia.

"Class ended. Let's go to the library since it's a free period." Lauren suggested. I looked at Alycia to see if she agreed, and she did.

"To the library it is." I yawned and grabbed my backpack. As everyone was walking to their next class, the three of us walked towards the library. Not everyone has a free period. Those who do get free periods are the smart ones. So, in short, we don't really need to learn that subject.

"The gang is all here, I see." Mrs. Shoot, the librarian, chuckled.

"Nice to see you too, Mrs. Shoot." I greeted her, and the three of us walked up to her and hugged her.

"Where are the three troublemakers?" She asked.

"Probably asleep somewhere around here," Lauren said. She apologized in advance for what she was about to do. Then, she pulled out her phone and dialed Camila's number.

"I didn't steal the bananas, I swear." We heard her yell from the corner of the library.

"There she is." Alycia giggled. I apologized again to Mrs. Shoot before going to where Camila was. When we got there, not only did we find Camila, but we also found Tori and Dinah. So the three troublemakers are here. I should probably worry but chose not to.

"What took you three so long?" Tori asked.

"Y/N fell asleep in class... Again." Lauren chuckled and sat down next to Camila.

"Dang, sis. If you keep this up, you might fail. Mom and dad will get mad at you." She joked. She knows I don't fail at anything. I was basically made to be perfect.

"Like that will ever happen. Y/n's like a robot or something. Are you sure you weren't made in a lab?" Camila asked.

"Haha, very funny, Camila. That's hasn't even been scientifically proven. It's highly impossible." Lauren nervously said. I looked at her and mouthed the words "thank you." Camila accepted her answer and went on with whatever she was doing. Alycia and I sat on the empty chairs across from Camila and Lauren. I tried to keep our voices on a down low because Dinah was fast asleep next to Tori. Keyword... Tried. With Camila with us, it is never quiet. Don't get me wrong, it's fun having Camila even though she's loud, but this is different. If Dinah awakens, you better pray to whoever and hope she does not do anything to hurt you.

"I see the gang is all here." Dinah yawned and stretched her body.

"She probably had a good dream," Alycia mumbled. I mean, she's not wrong. Whenever Dinah has good dreams, she wakes up and doesn't complain. We continued talking about random stuff, but it was cut short when the bell rang.

"Well, see you guys later," Camila said as she walked out of the library. The rest of us went to the same class, which was music class. I sort of hate this class, but I also love it at the same time. I love it because all we do is basically listen to a song that describes our mood that day and write a summary about it. We sometimes perform covers of songs if we felt like it. And I'm not too fond of it because...

"Hey Y/N." She smirked and sat beside me.

Well, because of her.