Chapter 7

"So Camila huh?" I asked. Lauren and I were at the other side of the library. I told the girls before hand that something came up, and that we wouldn't be able to hang out today. They understood and left us alone.

"Yeah. I don't even know how or why. It just happened. I just started liking her out of nowhere." She laid down on the ground and used my thighs as her pillow.

"So what now? Any plans?" I asked as I played with her hair.

"Not really." She sighed. She looked at me with pleading eyes and said, "can't we stay like this? Just us two. I'd rather have this than being confused and frustrated."

"We can if you want to, but I don't think you want to." I chuckled.

"How would you know?" She asked.

"Because you are Lauren," I said and looked up at the ceiling. "You are not really a big fan of taking the easy way out."

"Well, I'll make an exception." She said while she was playing with my fingers.

We stayed like that for the rest of the remaining time we had. We didn't even go to our classes. The girls came by earlier and gave us the notes and homework we missed. After that, we told them to go on ahead and not wait for the both of us. Before they left, I could sense two pairs of eyes looking at out direction. I didn't bother looking because I had a feeling on who they were.

"So wanna go someplace else besides this library's floor?" I chuckled.

"Can we go to the rooftop that we used to go to? You know, our secret place?" She asked.

"Of course." I said and got up. Lauren extended her hand, asking for help, and I took it and helped her up.

"Thanks for letting us stay this late Mrs. Shoot." Lauren smiled.

"No problem. It seems like you two got everything figured out," we nodded. "Well you guys better go. I have to close up soon."

"Gotcha. Well, bye Mrs. Shoot. See you tomorrow." We waved goodbye and left.

On our way to our secret place, we didn't realize how dark it was already. We decided to call our parents and tell them that we would be getting home late because something urgent came up. Lauren's parents were okay with it since she was with me, but my parents, on the other hand, not so much. But at the end, they were cool with it.

"I missed this place." Lauren sighed as we got there.

"Me too." I said. When we got to the rooftop, we looked for the blanket that we hid somewhere around the place.

"Found it." Lauren said. She handed it to me, and I gently placed it on the ground.

"Why did we ever stop coming here?" Lauren asked as she sat down.

"I honestly don't know. I guess high school was just getting in the way." I shrugged and sat next to her. She leaned against me and asked, "can we come here more often?"

"Whenever you like." I said. This was actually pretty nice. It was just me and Lauren, in our old secret place. Just like old times.

When it was almost 11, we hid the blanket up again and left. The walked back to our place was silent, but a nice type of silence. When we reached Lauren's place, we walked up to the front porch then I asked, "do you really want to do it?"