Chapter 9

"Morgan." I said with a poker face.

"Haven't seen you in a while." She walked closer to me and was going to give me a hug, but I stepped back.

"What are you doing here? When did you get back?" I asked. I was a little shocked. Seeing her in front of me, it felt so surreal.

"We moved back here two days ago, and I'm here because I knew you would be here. When we used to date, you would always take me here." She smiled. Oh that smile. It could probably cure cancer or any illness.

"Snap out of it, Y/n." I said to myself.

"Hey, guys. Long time no see." Morgan greeted the girls.

"Hey, Morgan." Alycia replied.

"Morgan." Dinah said, with a hint of disgust.

Lauren didn't say anything.

"And who are the the two lovely ladies behind you?" She pointed at Normani and Ally.

"I'm Normani."

"And I'm Ally."

"Nice to meet you two. Well enough with the chit chats, can I speak to you?" She turned towards me. "In private?"

I wanted to say no, but instead I said, "Yes." What is wrong with me?

"Are you sure you want to do that?" Lauren whispered against my ear.

"Not really." I chuckled.

"I'm right here if you need me." She kissed me cheek before letting me go talk to Morgan.

"It's been a while," She smiled. "How have you been? Please, sit down." I sat down across from her.

"I've been pretty good. You?" I said as I tried to avoid looking at her.

"I've been okay. Washington was okay, but I prefer it here," she said and grabbed my hand. "I missed you. You have no idea how much I missed you."

"I missed you too." I said as I squeezed her hand.

"I'm so sorry for what I did to you. I really am. I don't even know why I did that to you. You were kind to me. You did everything to keep me happy. You did everything, and I ruined it." She sobbed.

"I have to admit, I was hurt pretty bad. Just the thought of what you did still hurts me. It hurts so much when you gave up on me. Like I wasn't worth fighting for, or like I wasn't worth your time." I chuckled then frowned. The day when she told me she was breaking up with me, that day stayed with me forever.

"I know, and I am extremely sorry for that. That was the old me. I was childish, and I didn't know what I had before it was gone. I'm different now. I want us again, Y/n. I want you to give us a shot." She said as she wiped her tears.

"Morgan, I don't think that's a good idea." I said.

"But it is. We can sta-"

"I'm dating someone." I looked straight into her eyes, and all I could see was sadness.

"Who?" There was hurt in her voice.

"Lauren." I whispered enough for her to hear.

We sat there in silence. I looked at her and tears just started streaming down her face. I made a move to wipe them off, but she refused for me to do so. Hurt was all I see.

"I'm going to go home now." She said and excused herself.

"Do you want me to walk you home or something? I don't mind." I suggested. It was the least I could do.

"I'll be fine. You should hang out with them. I'll see you around." She said before leaving.

I wanted to go after her because I know that she wasn't okay. We may have broken up a few months ago, but I can still read her like an open book.

"Are you okay?" I looked in front of me to see Lauren.

"I think so." I said as I stood up and hugged her. I don't know what came to me, but my body just told me to hug her.

"What was that for?" She asked as we broke off the hug, and walked towards the group.

"Just wanted to hug you that's all." I smiled.

Throughout the day, we stayed there and talked about everything except for what just happened. I told them that I wasn't ready to talk about it yet, and they understood.

"We better head home. Its getting late." Ally pointed out. We nodded and all agreed to walk each other home. Normani was the first to go since she lived a few blocked away from the school, so it wasn't that far. Next was Ally, and so forth. The last ones were Tori, Lauren, and I.

When we reached our neighborhood, I turned to Tori and said, "Go right ahead. I'll be there." She nodded and went home.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Lauren said and hugged me from behind. I turned around, so now we are face to face. Well sorta, she's a few inches shorter than me. I kissed her forehead and said, "I'm sure that I'm okay. No need to worry."

She placed her hand on my cheek and gently caressed it. I smiled and slowly leaned over. I saw Lauren on her tippy toes trying to reach me, which made me laugh.

"What are you laughing at?" She asked.

I stopped and looked at her once again. It was around 10 pm I think, but who cares. The moonlight was hitting her perfectly that she looks like an angel. I leaned over again, inches away from her lips.

"You are so beautiful." I said before kissing her. She kissed back a few seconds later.

When we broke the kiss off, we looked at each other and smiled.

"I better get home. I'll see you tomorrow." She smiled and kissed me again.

"Bye." I waved at her before she went inside her house.

After that, I went home and ate dinner with the family. It was a pretty quiet dinner. Mr. and Mrs. Kelly didn't talk much, which surprised me a bit because every evening, they would have something interesting to talk about. But tonight, it was complete silence. I didn't think about it too much.

When dinner was finished, I cleaned myself up and went to bed.

--------
If you watch Supergirl, then you should understand why Maggie Sawyer is bae af XD

Like, she's so cute. I'm like in love with her or something.