Chapter 14

"Love? Like as a friend type of love or love love type of love?" Alycia was confused at this point. She thought that Lauren and I were "in love" or something like that.

"She's in love with Camila. She never liked me in the first place. The only reason why we started dating is because she wanted the easy way out." I explained.

"So she was just using you to get over Camila?" Alycia looked me dead in the eye and with seriousness written all over her face.

"Well when you put it that way it sounds bad." I chuckled, nervously.

"That's because it is bad. What if one of you ended up actually liking the other? What if you ended up liking Lauren, but she was still in love with Camila? You are just going to end up hurting yourself." She sat next to me and wrapped her hands around my arm.

"I know. I was just trying to help, but clearly she doesn't need it. She knows how she feels. I should've helped her tel Camila instead of hiding it from Camila." I looked out the window and saw the two of them laughing like no one was watching. They look so happy.

"So what are you going to do now?"

"Break up with her. I love Lauren. She's my best friend. I only want what's best for her, and if that's Camila then who am I to stop them from being together." I gently stood up and head towards the door.

"Wait. You are doing it right now?" She said rather confused.

"Well yeah. Why wait when they are right there?" I said and started heading downstairs with Alycia following behind me.

"Where are you girls going? Dinner will be ready in 5 minutes." Mrs. Carey said.

"Will be back by then, Mrs. Carey. There's just something important I have to do." I smiled and left out the door. As i was walking towards Lauren and Camila, I couldn't help feel sad for some reason. I wasn't meant for Lauren, but it still hurt.

"Y/n? Alycia?" Camila said with a hint of panic in her voice. Lauren quickly turned around with eyes wide open when she saw me.

"Hey. So umm, can I talk to Lauren real quick? It will only take a minute." I said with a sad smile. Lauren nodded. We excused ourselves away from them.

"So what's up?" Lauren said nervously.

"We should break up." I didn't want to sugar coat anything. I just wanted to get straight to the point.

"Why? Is it because I've been hanging with Camila? I swear it's nothing. I'm completely over her." Her lips quivered as she said those words.

"I know that as those words leave your mouth, you fell a pain in you chest. I know that everything you said was a lie. You can just fall out of love like that, Lauren. I can see it from the way you act around her, from the way you look at her, and from the way you smile when she talks to you. And by the way Camila is acting, I know for a fact that she feels the same way." I gently lifted her chin up so she could look me in the eye. "Don't worry. We are still best friends. Nothing will change. I promise." I smiled and patted her on her head.

"I'm sorry." I heard her say as I walked away. There was a tear that left my eye. I had to wipe it quick so they wouldn't see it.

"Come on, Alycia. We don't want to keep your mom waiting." I said as I grabbed her hand and started walking towards her house.

"Y/n. You okay?" She asked. All I could do was nod. I felt like if I said something, I would just end up crying.

By the time we got back to her house, the table was ready. We sat down and started eating. It was silent. Well, there were a few question about how our day went. But other than that, it was silent. Alycia never asked me anything after dinner. She never got the chance to since I had to go home 20 minutes after dinner.

I'm currently sitting on my bed, just staring out the window. There wasn't  much to do. I didn't want to get on my phone because I have a feelings there's some texts I don't want to read. I didn't want to get on my computer since there was no point. I didn't want to do my homework because I could just do that 5 minutes before class starts. So my only option was just think about everything and just stare out the window. 

"Tomorrow is going to be something else." I thought to myself before deciding it was time to sleep.