Chapter 13

"What exactly are we doing here, Y/n?" Alycia asked as she sat down and looked at me with confusion written all over her face.

We are currently outside the football field during our free time. A change of scenario. I was starting to get tired of the library. The football field was my thing. I used to play football back in middle school, but I quit because Alycia's condition was slowly getting worse. I have to be by her side as much as I can to prevent anything bad happening to her.

"Nothing. Just thought you might need a little bit of fresh air, yah know." I smiled and sat next to her. It was nice. Just sitting there with Alycia. It was peaceful. Felt like we were the only ones there.

"You miss it don't you?" She gently placed her head on my shoulder and wrapped her right arm around me left.

"Maybe."

"Then play. Try outs is next week." She said and poked my side which caused me to move a little bit.

"Nah. It's all right. I'm not in shape for all that." I chuckled. I carefully grabbed my backpack and pulled out a family sized nacho cheese Doritos bag. I opened it and began eating while feeding Alycia every now and then.

"What do you mean out of shape? Out of shape my ass." She said as she finished chewing on a piece of Dorito.

"I mean it, Alycia. Yes, I do miss football. But I have responsibilities now, I can't just set them aside and play sports." That was true. I do miss football, but Alycia is more important than some sport.

"Whatever you say." She said mockingly and smiled. We stayed there for a while till it was time to get to music class.

On our way to our next class, we bumped into Camila and Lauren. Lauren looked at me with a surprised look.

"Y/n. I thought you would be in class by now?" She nervously chuckled. I looked at her, and then I looked at Camila. Camila was all smile, but Lauren was... nervous?

"Alycia and I decided to hang some place else instead of the library today. But we're on our way now, do you wanna walk with us?" I asked still looking at a nervous Lauren. She looked at Camila apologetically, and Camila nodded. I'm guessing they just agreed on something?

"I'll see you guys later. Bye, Lauren." Camila waved goodbye as she walked towards her class.

We silently walked towards our music class which was very weird. We walked in and saw our group giving us a look.

"Where have y'all been? Y'all weren't in the library, and y'all were almost late to class." Ally asked in a rather angry tone but in a motherly way. If that made any sense.

"Wait, Lauren. You weren't in the library?" I asked.

"Uhh... no. I was with Camila." she said nervously.

"Oh okay. Cool. And um, Alycia and I were at the football field getting some fresh air." I said as I sat down between Alycia and Lauren.

Thought the day, Lauren was being weird. She wouldn't keep eye contact with me, she would not hold my hand, and she wouldn't sit beside me. Now at this point, I was freaking out. I didn't know if I did something wrong, or something. I tried talking to her during lunch, but she just told me to talk to her later.

"Hey, Y/n. Are you and Lauren good?" Tori whispered to me.

We were currently walking towards my car. I still haven't spoken to Lauren. I was hoping to catch up with her on the way home.

"I'm not sure actually." I said as I was eyeing the sea of people coming out of the school doors.

"She's over there." Tori pointed at Lauren who was sitting on a bench. She looks like she was waiting on someone.

"I'll see you at home, Tori." I waved goodbye and started walking towards Lauren.

"Hey, Lauren. You want me to give you a ride home?" I asked.

"Oh, Y/n. No, it's okay. I was actually going to walk home with Camila. If that's all right?" She asked, not looking at me. She was focused on the crowd of people instead of me.

"Ohh okay. That's fine. I'll just text you later then?" I was starting to catch on why she was acting weirdly today. I knew it was going to happen, but I still can't help but feel hurt.

"Bye." She smiled then walked away towards where Camila was.

I looked at them for a second and realized, she was meant for her and not me. I know that I'm supposed to be sad since my girlfriend is starting to get close with another girl blah blah blah. But that's the thing isn't it? It's not just another girl. It's Camila. The girl she has been crushing on since forever, maybe. I was happy that Lauren is finally realizing that. I guess I'll have break up with her soon. Now that right there is the sad part.

"No Lauren today?" Alycia asked. She was waiting on me inside the car. I don't know if I should tell her about the whole Lauren and Camila thing. I probably shouldn't. It's not my business.

"No Lauren today." I said as I got inside the drivers seat and turned the ignition on.

"You want to go straight home, or do you want to go someplace else?" Alycia asked. I feel like she sensed that I was feeling a bit under the weather.

"Can we just hang at your place for a while? I haven't been there in a while." I asked as I drove out of school campus and drove towards Alycia's house.

"Sure. My family misses you. This will be a surprise." She chuckled and connected her phone to the bluetooth speaker. We sang along to whatever song was playing on her phone on our way to her house.

As we reached her house, I saw Lauren and Camila sitting on the porch at Lauren's house. I forgot that Lauren lived a few blocks away from Alycia. I don't think they saw us since they were having a pretty deep conversation, I guess. Alycia didn't notice them too, or maybe she did. Who knows. When we got into Alycia's front door, she told me to prepare myself for hugs and dinner.

She carefully opened the door and yelled out, "I'm home, and I brought someone with me." I saw Mrs. Carey pick through the little window thing that the kitchen have. The minute she saw me, a smile formed on her and sped walk towards me.

"Y/n! I haven't seen you in forever!" She said excitedly and gave me a big hug.

"Good to see you too, Mrs. Carey." I hugged back.

"The husband is currently at work so it's just us for tonight. And if you'll excuse me, I have to make dinner for three." She cheered and went back to the kitchen.

"I miss this place. I should come by often if your mom is cooking." I chuckled.

"Yeah yeah. Come one. Let's go put out stuff up in my room, then come back for dinner." Alycia said. I followed her to her room and put my stuff down near her bed.

"So what's up with you and Lauren? I know you guys are not fine." She said as she sat down at the edge of her bed. I sat next to her and sighed.

"She loves Camila."