Chapter 5

"We should get going. We'll see you guys tomorrow." I said and excused myself, along with Alycia, and walked our way home.

"Are we still stopping by that flower shop I talked about?" Alycia asked. I nodded and wrapped my arm around her shoulders.

We were walking our way to the flower shop downtown. I'm surprised it was, to be honest. It was pretty quiet, which usually isn't, but I like it like this. It was peaceful.

"My two favorite soon-to-be couple. What can I do for you two?" Nicole teased. Alycia seems to be unfazed about Nicole's greeting, so I didn't say anything about it.

"I'm just here because Alycia wanted me to join her," I said and sat down beside Nicole.

Nicole Waves. She's one of the few scientists who worked on me. She's like my mother figure before Kelly's took me in. So when I heard she quit being a scientist and decided to be a florist, I searched her up, and her shop popped up. I've been visiting once a week ever since.

"So, how's life Y/N?" Nicole said and patted my head.

"Pretty good so far. Nothing new." I sighed and grabbed her hand to hold it. I have to admit I missed this old hag. She was a better mother than Mrs. Kelly. I mean, no offense to Mrs. Kelly. I love her to death, but she treats me more of a test subject than a daughter.

"Everything will work out, kiddo. I promise you." She hugged me and went to check on Alycia. I sat there alone, looking at the sky and feeling the cold breeze hit my face.

"You okay there?" I saw Alycia with a flower crown on her head.

"You look cute." I blurted out without thinking. I was about to apologize when I saw her blush. Damn... She looks even cuter.

"Thanks. I finished picking which flower I wanted so that we can go home now." I nodded. I turned around and hugged Nicole before walking home with Alycia.

"Thanks for coming with me to the flower shop. It must have been boring for you." She apologized.

"No problem, and it wasn't boring. I actually had fun. I got to see Nicole, who I missed, and I also got to see you on a flower crown. So it's a win/win kind of deal." I smiled.

"Well, this is my stop. I'll see you tomorrow." She waved and went inside her house. I stood there for a few minutes, just taking in the calmness before going inside my house. When I stepped foot inside the house, I was bombarded with questions like:

"How was her stats?"

"We're there any complications?"

Something like that.

"Well, something happened, but I took care of it—no big deal. Now, if you'll excuse me," I walked around my "parents" and said, "I'm going up to my room. And I already ate, so yeah." So I walked upstairs to my room, only to be met by my best friend, Lauren.

"Hey." She said in a sad tone. I sat next to her and patted my shoulder, signaling her to lay her head on my shoulder.

"Come on. Tell me what's wrong."