Lucky Day

the next morning

Gabi's pov

I was so tired from last night but mostly just thinking about it.

I just left Starbucks and it turns out today was free frappuciano day.  I walked into work and everyone crowded over me, telling me congratulations.  I was so confused.

"Wow Gabi, congrats on your promotion!", one of my workers shouted.

Promotion?

I was so confused until my boss came up to me.  He told me that I got promoted and that not only I would get another whole floor of the building to myself, but I would be designing clothes for VOGUE and ADIDAS!

"Oh my god!! Really?! That's amazing thank you so much!", I said as I shook his hand.

"Mhm, tomorrow you can officially call the top floor your workplace as well."

I was bursting with excitement.  I couldn't wait to start designing.  I had to call and tell Elijah.

Elijah: "Wow, that's great honey! We should celebrate tonight"

Me: "Yeah, come over to my apartment, we can have lunch together with Jess"

After work, I walked home and found 20 dollars on the floor.

This day just keeps getting better and better...

I got home and told Jess.  She jumped for joy and gave me the biggest hug.  We prepared the apartment for the special lunch and waited for Elijah to arrive.