Love & a Lie

Gabi's pov

I came home that night to find Elijah had left. Jess woke up and helped me clean the mess in my room. She went back to bed and I cleaned myself up. I had so many thoughts running through my head, but I tried to sleep through it.

next morning

I slowly opened my eyes. I didn't want to get out of bed. I was so tired. I stayed so late at the balcony last night. I couldn't get it out of my head yet. I thought it was funny actually that we both use that place as an escape.

Wow
it's funny
knowing now
me & him could've seen each other
anytime
any moment
we just didn't take time to realize it
we didn't even look around
...
but why now?
why is now so significant?

---

After taking a shower & putting some clothes on, I decided to just go long boarding around town with Jess. I need to get things off my back, get some stress out of my body. Elijah and I are complicated right now. He wanted to see me again and apologize for what happened that night. I told him that I was going to visit my family for two days. I lied. I just didn't want to see him right now. I needed time alone.

Me and Jess went long boarding around Manhattan. It was fun, she was like my sister so I enjoyed it a lot. Even though I'm 21, I still act like a kid. I love long boarding, it's like a hobby.

Me and Jess stopped at Central Park for a bit. We sat down and ate lunch. We talked and we started laughing so hard, I almost fell off my seat. Jess always made me feel better. She was like my remedy for sadness. She was so funny, she could make anyone laugh.

---

We were on our way to leave the park, until I noticed someone checking out Jess. He was rubbing the back of his head. Oh my god. He's cute, Jess and him would look cute together. He actually doesn't look that bad. He was wearing glasses, a suit, & carrying books. Ooo, a nerd, he's good for Jess. They are both smart. Jess was fixing herself, not knowing the man staring at her.

"Jess, Jess! Look, over there, you see that guy?"

"Ummm, oh yeah, I see him now, what about him?"

"He was totally checking you out!"

"No, he was probably looking at the girls behind us.."

"um, there aren't any girls behind us Jess.."

She look surprised. She turned around and realized there weren't any in sight. She looked at me, she was so confused and gave me a weak smile. Then she looked over at him.

"I mean, he's actually kind of cute....nice hair, cute glasses..."

She started to get dreamy eyes for him and going on about how he was good-looking.

"......but no NO, he can' be staring at me, he's way too good looking, I'm an ugly nerd, he's not looking at me...", she then started to put her hair in her face and look down at her shoes.

"Jess! Shut up, you're not ugly, you're freaking gorgeous okay.."

The man started walking towards us. I started to get excited. aghhh. I was shaking Jess's arm, signaling her to look over at him. She was still looking at her feet, she didn't budge. He got closer and soon he was standing in front of us. He looked at me and gave a weak smile. I gave him one back and noticed Jess didn't pay attention to him. Then he looked over at Jess, hoping to get her attention. I nudged her in the elbow, real hard. She winced in pain, then looked up at the man. She gave an awkward smile. Oh god...

"Hello", he said, in a deep tone voice. Wow, his voice is so...sexy.

"Hiii...", Jess said.

"Um, I was wondering, I don't know, if you want....". He started rub the back of his head. Awe, he's nervous.

"..maybe, would you...like to take a walk..with me for a bit.."

Jess looked at me and then turned to him, staring without saying anything. I cut in, "Yes! She'd love to!"

Jess looked at me with nervousness. I could tell she was happy, but also very nervous. She's never been asked out before. I winked at her as she walked away with him. She looked at me and screamed in silence. I laughed.

I was now there, alone, sitting at the bench. It was so quiet, but there was a nice breeze. It was actually very calming. I was enjoying it, until I saw the last thing I wanted to see today. He looked at me in confusion. He realized what was happening and his face became plastered with anger. He started to walk towards me.

Oh shit...

Grayson's pov

Today was Liana and I's one year anniversary. I decided to take her out and celebrate. I took her around Manhattan and took her out for a picnic. She wanted to walk around Central Park for a bit, so I took her there.

We walked for a bit and enjoyed the sun. There were so many people there. I was surprised to find her, and only recognize her....Gabi. I looked over at her. She was backing away from something. I looked at the direction she was looking in. It was that bastard, Elijah... He came over to her and grabbed her wrist aggressively. I could see by the look on her face it was hurting her.

I started to tense up.

Stop touching her
You're hurting her
Fucking asshole

My faced started to get red. Liana noticed me and asked me what was wrong. I told her I was going to go to the bathroom for a few minutes. I told her to wait. I watched as Elijah dragged Gabi to an empty alley. I followed them silently.

This didn't look good
I needed to put an end to it..