Chapter 2- The first day of school.

I entered the school, this one was huge compared to my school in Shanghai. I decided to find the principals office first, I walked trough the halls it wasn't really crowded now I was like 30 minutes early.

''Hey, you're new aren't you?'' a girls voice spoke behind me, so I turned around ''Uhm.. Hi.. How do you know?'' I asked ''Is it that obvious?''

She chuckled ''Honey, I know everything.. Besides I've never seen you around.. I'm Alya, I run the school blog.. Nice to meet you..''

''Marinette.. Nice to meet you too..'' I smiled. Nice Marinette first 30 minutes and you already got yourself a friend, at least I think.

''I suppose you're looking for the principals office? Let me show you!'' Alya said cheerful and already walked away. So I followed her. ''You look like you're my age, so it wouldn't surprise me if we're in the same grade, how old are you? I'm 17 by the way!'' this girl just couldn't stop talking, I liked her already.

''I'm 17 too, and I hope so.. I'm not really good at making friends..'' I chuckled, ''Well you got me now.. So.. One friend will do..'' she grinned and stopped walking. ''The office is over here, should I wait outside?'' she asked and I nodded.

I entered the office ''Good morning..'' the principal looked up, ''Oh you must be the new girl..'' he looked at his papers ''Marinette, right?'', I nodded '' Yes and good morning sir..'' I smiled. He tapped on his computer screen ''I saw you walked over here with Alya our school blogger on my computer?'' I nodded ''Yes sir..'' ''She can show you around a bit, you're in the same grade as her. You'll probably take some classes together.'' he smiled gently, ''Thank you sir..'' I smiled too and left the office.

Alya and I walked over to our first class, ''So, why are you new? I mean it's not that everyone starts in senior year?'' ''I just moved here, I lived here in Paris, we moved to Shanghai when I was 11 and now we moved back here.'' ''That's awesome!'' she said excited.

We entered the classroom, I felt like nobody even noticed me. But I noticed someone.