Chapter 18 - Miraculous.

[Adrien's POV]

They'd arrived in New York 9 hours ago and were now in their hotel room/appartment, he and Mari lived in that apartment for the upcomming two weeks it was the pent house and the view from the so called living room was amazing.

Times square was near by, which meant they could spend new years there instead of outside in the cold

Times square was near by, which meant they could spend new years there instead of outside in the cold. Yes, New York was cold and white actually, and there was still snow pouring down out of the sky. His dad was in another apartment, so they were together no one else to disturb there time. The apartment had two different bedrooms which meant that they both stayed in a different room. Not that he would've minded if they had to sleep in the bed as her. In fact that sounded perfect, she always smelled nice and he just wanted to have her close. But he wanted to give her the privacy she needed.

Mari was asleep at least I assumed since she was in her room and hadn't come out for the past 5 hours. We both had major jetlags and felt terrible. I on the other hand, couldn't sleep. I went to the living room and grabbed a bottle of water to drink, I heard the sound of a door and when I turned around Mari walked up to me. Her hair was a mess and she looked really grumpy.
"Goodmorning, M'Lady.. Or should I say good afternoon? Since it is time for dinner already.." I grinned. She muttered some words and I could swear I was cursed for the rest of my life.
"You better shut up." she said and grabbed a glass of orange juice, all of it was brought by room-service before we went to bed. "Jetlags are terrible aren't they? I want to sleep but I haven't been able to close my eyes the past 3 hours." I sighed.

She chuckled and sat down on the couch ''It isn't that bad, ever time I wake up I see the view and I am reminded that I'm in New York. But right now, I feel like this jetlag isn't going to end, that it will stay the rest of my life.''

''Same.'' I nodded, ''So.. Room service? I want a pizza.''

''Me too. '' Mari nodded, ''I want Hawaiian, please.'' she said. ''Hawaiian? Mari, no. The pineapple destroys the taste of pizza.'' I chuckled.

''Don't talk like that about my favorite pizza, I am warning you. I will fight you.'' she said and grabbed her phone.

I chuckled and ordered two pizza's.

When I sat down next to Mari, I looked at her and she turned her head towards me so that she faced me. She was so close, I could just grab her face and kiss her. No, wait. Bad Adrien. Bad. No kissing. Maybe one kiss? No. Damn it. No.

She smiled ''I still don't know how to thank you, Adrien you are the best. Not to mention, half an year ago you didn't even recognize me. Look where we are now, together in New York. That's quite a change.''

''Well, if it wasn't for you I'd still be the jerk who hooked up with Chloe Bourgeouis every now and then, just to forget about my mom a little.'' I muttered, damn I regretted that I regretted everything that had ever happened between me and Chloe.

''That's okay..'' her smile was caring ''We all do things we regret later, but that's what the future is all about right? Chances to do things better.''

I nodded ''I suppose you're right. I just wished you would've been there to stop me in the first place.''

''Who says I could've stopped you from hooking up with Chloe?'' she raised an eyebrow.

I felt my cheeks head up. Because If you would've been there, I wouldn't have even noticed her. Because I like you, I would've like you back then.

But not any of those words came out, instead I huffed. ''Because you keep me on the right path and you taught me I don't have to forget my mom, I just have to learn to live without her.''

She slowly grabbed my hand and squeezed a little, ''And I'm proud of how far you've come..'' she smiled. I thought she would let go of my hand, but instead she held it and placed her head on my shoulder. She was quiet and looked outside. I was glad she didn't look at me anymore, I had feeling I looked like a tomato, bright red.

This wasn't the first time I sat like this with a girl, but it was the first time I had felt like this. This, sitting here with Mari, it just felt right. I could've stayed like this forever, close to her. Her hair smelled like coconut, like always.

But fate wasn't with me cause' room-service arrived and Mari got up to get our pizza's, I let go of her hand and she walked over to the elevator.

She came back with two pizza boxes handed me mine and sat down.

''You know..'' she said while looking outside ''I think this vacation is going to be miraculous.''

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[AN]

Oh.. Oh.. Lovesick kitten in da house.

Next Chapter is going to be a Christmas Carol :)

I know this was a short chapter and I promised a longer one but I just can't find the inspiration when I already have the next chapter in mind. x'D

Also I put in a picture of the apartment so you could get my idea of it. :)

Love Always,

Me