Chapter 5 - French girl at heart.

[Mari's POV]

I arrived home, my dad was working in the bakery my parents re-opened. When I entered the smell of croissants reached my nose and I then realized how hungry I actually was.

I walked into the kitchen of the bakery where my mom was making a pie. "Hi Mom!" I smiled.
"Hi honey, how was your first day? Did you make any friends?" she smiled as well.
"Yeah, I actually did! Her name is Alya, she is the schoolblogger."
I let out the Adrien part and rushed upstairs so my mom wouldn't ask me any more stupid questions.
This was only my first day and I already had tons of homework.

When I finally finished my homework and checked my phone I saw Alya texted me.

Sup girl, I was planning on going shopping at the mall. You down?

I read. So of course I replied;

Yeah of course, meet you there in 30 minutes.

Wow I really made a friend!

~~~~~~~

I arrived at the mall, Alya and I had so much fun shopping. I bought a cute new sweater, still I had to put up my own finishing touch.

After that we went to the Starbucks and sat down there, ''So tell me, how did your conversation with hot stuff go after school?'' she grinned.

I raised an eyebrow ''Hot stuff? Oh you mean Adrien.'' I chuckled, ''I guess it went okay? He remembers me, but since you told me about Chloe I doubt if we're gonna be friends again. I mean he is still a friend of mine but, something between the two of us seems different. Not that that's a weird thing, I mean I was in Shanghai for like 6 years.'' I rolled my eyes.

''That's quite a time, tell me something about Shanghai.'' Alya smiled.

''Well it's huge, but really beautiful. We lived in the center of Pudong. My school there was close to the river the Huangpu Jiang. Even though I loved it there, I'm a French girl at heart and I'm so happy to be back.'' I grinned, ''How come your parents decided to move back?'' Alya raised an eyebrow.

''Well my grandma passed away last year and my grandpa died years ago, I still have mu uncle, aunt and nephew over there, but I have my grandparents from my fathers side of the family close to Paris so that's why we moved back.'' I explained. ''Oh, I'm so sorry..'' Alya apologized. ''No problem, it's fine.. Now tell me something about the great Alya Cesaire.'' I grinned.

''Well, I already told you I run the schoolblog and uhmm... Oh.. I have 2 little sisters and a little brother, my mom is chef at the hotel in the center of the city, I love listening to music, I've lived in Paris for quite a while now but I moved here when I was 10, I lived in a small village close to Paris when I was younger and that's it I think.'' she chuckled.

We talked for quite a while and grabbed Chipotle after, ''Let's go to the Eiffel Tower, sometimes our class hangs there and it's a great chance for you to make new friends!'' Alya said excited. ''I love that idea!'' I smiled.

We reached the Eiffel Tower well not really we were close to it and Alya waved to a group of people out of our class. ''Hey guys! I brought Marinette with me!'' Alya yelled. ''Hi!'' I smiled.

We had a lot of fun, 10 o'clock I went home. I made some new friends though, the whole class was there, well everyone except Adrien, Nino, Chloe and Sabrina. I figured there relation with the rest of the class isn't really uhm.. good? Well let's see if we can change that.