eight

"oh stupid me. i saw this store before. i thought this was a barber shop or something." he said as we enter the convenience store.

"so, what are you buying?" i asked when i followed behind him.

"erm, some snacks and towels. i'll be sleeping outside the apartment tonight." he said and slightly sighing.

"why is that?" i asked.

"because my other friends said that if anyone of us got ditched, the person will be sleeping outside the apartment until tomorrow, and the person is me." he said and grabbed a small blue towel from the rack.

"erm, you could, stay at my place. well if you want to.." i muttered and he faced me.

"really? okay then." he said nonchalantly. woah this guy doesn't hesitate to do this kind of things.

we took a cab to my apartment and it was awkward. it was dead silent inside the car.

as we arrived, we took the elevator to the 3rd floor and went to my place.

"woah, this apartment is big for you to stay alone though." his eyes widened and looked through my living room which was kind of messy.

"great place you got. i'll be sleeping here. goodnight." he said as he points toward my couch.

"w-wait, don't you want to eat first..." i said as i approached him.

"food? what you cooking?" he immediately stood up and went to my kitchen. does he always act like this at home?

"well, i have leftover fried rice. you can have it." i took the fried rice on the table and passed it to him.

"erm, so i'll be in my room. if you need anything you can knock my door. loudly." i said and entered my room.

"huh.." i sighed and plopped myself on the bed.

-

i woke up to a new day, and it seems that i didn't get any knocks from taehyung so i thought that he is okay.

i walked out of my room in my bath robe and searched for him.

"taehyung? kim taehyung?" i called but there was no response.

i looked at my door and i realized that a sticky note was pasted on it.

thanks for letting me stay here for a while.

sincerely, tae

"i guess he left early." i muttered and started to clean myself up.

"good morning jiwon!" i greeted her and she flinched.

"oh good morning hyeju. i have something to tell you about our schedule today." she said and took out a piece of paper.

"what is it?" i asked as i rested my right arm on the counter.

"the kids and us are going on a shopping day to the mall which they get to buy their needs like shirts or books. we've been raising money to do this so get ready hyeju-ah. we'll be leaving soon." she said with a smile.

"oh that'a great! okay then. but, is chanyeol here?" i asked.

"erm, he haven't arrive yet. i don't know why. that boy better not vanish himself or he'll be in big trouble." she shooked her head.

where is chanyeol?