One

Fuck.

I slept through the alarm again. Jumping out of bed, I get tangled in the sheets and land face first on the floor.

"Sarah? Are you okay?"

"Yes!" I shout through the door. "I'm fine grandma."

"Are you sure? That thud was louder than yesterdays."

"I am fine." I assure her.

I change out of my baggy tee-shirt and yesterdays underwear and into something more presentable. I leave the sheets on the floor as I fly down the stairs with my suitcases in hand. I load them into the back of my car as my grandma stands in the doorway watching me. I run up the walkway and kiss her cheek.

"I won't be gone too long. I'll call you when I get there." She pulls me in for a hug.

"Be smart Sarah." She whispers in a shaky voice.

"I will Gram." I tell her. "I gotta go."

She kisses my cheek before I walk towards my car. I buckle up and start the car, I avoid hitting the mailbox as I back out of the driveway. I watch in my rearview mirror as a single tear leaves my eye. I quickly wipe it away and turn on the radio.

*****

Pulling into the school I see kids and their parents carrying giant stuffed animals and bags of clothes into the marked buildings. I park my car in a balloon marked parking lot. I take a deep breath and open the door. Before I have the chance to shut it, a naked boy with a yellow plastic helmet runs up to me and pressed cold lips to mine. The kiss is over as fast as it started and the naked boy runs away, past a group of guys decked out in school apparel.

A girl approaches me with a basket filled of various objects. "What just happened?" She giggles.

"I have no idea." I smile. I walk to the trunk and open it to get out my belongings, she follows me. I set my luggage down and lock my doors.

"I'm Leia, by the way." She tells me. "I would shake your hand, but my hands are a little full."

"No worries. I'm Sarah." I tell her. We walk together to the check in tent.

"Names." A boring, red-headed student asks. She pops her gum as she rolls her eyes to look at us.

"Leia Hunt." The red-headed scans her list and checks Leia's name off. She hands her a key and a small slip of paper telling her what room she's in.

"Sarah Pratt." I tell her. She hands me my key and we walk away from her.

Room 38 A

Leia looks at my slip of paper and then back at hers. "I'm in room 32."

"At least we're on the same floor!" She exclaims when I don't respond.

We walk the rest of the way in silence. I notice how all of the guys here will stop and stare at us as we pass them. I smile as one walks into another girls mother, and gets scolded for not paying attention. We finally reach building A, floor 3. Already there is a couple making out in the stairwell and another arguing in front of Leia's room. We part ways, wishing the other luck. I walk slowly to the end of the hall, reach into my shorts pocket and grab the small key. I push it into the lock and have to use all of my body weight to open the door. The room smells old, like it hasn't been lived in for years, and by the outdated rug and curtains, I see that I was right. The walls, however, have been repainted recently, new sheets have been put on the bed and the bathroom has been sanitized thoroughly. I notice that the bed on the opposite wall of mine has not been touched.

Great.

I kick the door shut and toss my luggage down on the bed. A loud scream comes from the hallway, so I jump off the bed and fling the door open. I run down the hall to see what has happened and it is the couple that were arguing before. The girl is sobbing and holding her left breast with her right hand and a large glass of something in her left. The guy is panicking. And trying to quiet her down.

"How could you do this to me?" She cries. "It's the first day! Classes haven't even started yet."

"Baby, I didn't plan this. It just happened." He explains. She slaps him, hard.

I place my hand on his arm, "are you okay?"

"Is this her?" She screeches.

"What?" I ask her. I quickly remove my hand.

"No baby, I don't even know her." He says.

"It is her!" It takes two seconds for it to sink in.

The first second she looks over at me with the most disgusted look I've ever seen. And the second, her drink is flying at me. Drenching me in iced tea.

"What the hell?" I shout.

"I am so sorry." He tells me. He turns to the girl who just tossed her drink. "Baby I am so sorry. Could you ever forgive me?"

She turns on her heel and slams the door in his face. He drops to his knees outside her door and rests his head on it.

I walk back to my room, push the door open, kick it closed, strip down and slam the bathroom door behind me. I turn on the water, blast some music and jump in.

*****

I wrap a towel around me, let my hair lay against my back, and look in the mirror. I wipe away the black residue from my eyes and let out a breath. I shake my head and open the door. Standing in the middle of my room, going through my suitcase, holding my red panties in one hand with my black pair in his back pocket, is a tall boy with his beanie hiding his hair. He turns around to look at me with a cheeky grin.

"What the actual hell do you think you are doing?" I shout. I storm over to him rip the red panties from his hand, reach around his lean torso and take the black ones from his pocket and toss them onto my bed. "How did you get in here?"

He smirks as he looks down at me and gazes at my damp cleavage. I look around the room and notice a duffle bag on the opposite bed. I look back up at him with an expression that can only be described as 'you have got to be kidding me', and his grin widened.

"I'm Harry." He said in a deep English accent. "Nice to meet you, roomie."