Fifteen

"So, who's next?" Lou asks, nodding towards the stage.

"We are." I say, as I look to Leia.

"Oh no, I can't sing." She says.

"It'll be fun!" I poke her in the arm teasingly, until she giggles.

"Fine, lets go." She drags me up on stage and we grab the mics.

I take center stage, and the whole room falls silent. I can barely see anyone in the audience, the lights are so bright. The music starts and I smile as I recognize the tune. I let Leia start off, and she's right, she can't sing.

I start shortly after she begins, because I start to hear people talking over us. The lyrics and the tune of Katy Perry's Teenage Dream come flowing out of me like a beautiful chocolate river. The house falls silent again, all eyes are on me, including Leia, who has stepped back out of the spotlight slightly. I sing every word with the same amount of passion as the last and when I'm done everyone is clapping, on their feet cheering. I blush and giggle, giving a little curtsy before hopping off the stage, helping Leia down and walking back to the boys.

"What the hell was that?" Leia asks.

"What?" I ask defensively.

"I didn't know you could sing!" Niall says, amazed.

"I did." Harry smiles.

"That was amazing Sula!" Liam applauds.

"It was enchanting." Louis gushes. Zayn just stands there, staring at me like a star struck teen girl.

"Thanks guys, really it was nothing." I tell them.

"Did you take lessons or something?" Niall asks.

"No, I've just always loved to sing." I shrug.

"You should join our band. She should join our band!" Louis shouts.

"No. Absolutely not." Zayn says.

"Why? Afraid she'll take all your high parts mate?" Harry teases. Zayn sticks his tongue out at him and Harry blows him a kiss.

"Since I created the band, and named it, I say that she's in." Niall announces. "Welcome to Niall and the Potatoes."

"Niall and the Potatoes?" I ask.

"It's a work in progress." Liam shrugs.

"I'll think about it." I smile.

*****

It's nearly two in the morning when we get back home. Harry carried me on his back from the club to here, due to my tired legs and laziness. He kicks the door open and carries me inside.

"That was fun." I giggle, as he sets me down. I feel fizzy and bubbly and I don't know why. "I didn't know you were in a band. You never mentioned it. Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't think you'd want to know." He shrugs. "Everyone was amazed by you tonight." He says, removing his jacket and kicking off his boots.

I bend over and pull off my boots, tossing them on the floor. I step out of my skirt and tights when he turns around to rummage through his dresser. I pull on a pair of baggy shorts and replace my sweater with the ripped black t-shirt. He turns around and sits in his bed, watching me twist my hair into a bun. He follows me into the bathroom and watches as I remove my makeup. I turn to face him, leaning against the sink. "Were you?"

"Was I what?"

"Amazed."

"I have heard you sing before." He nods.

I leave the bathroom and pick up my previous outfit, placing it in the dirty clothes bin. "Where was Ramona tonight?"

"Working."

"Ahh, sorry she couldn't come."

"No you're not." He smiles.

"I'm not."

"Besides, she wouldn't have come anyways."

"Why not?" I ask. "Did you two break up?" I tease.

"Precisely." He sits in the edge of his bed and looks at his hands.

"What?" I walk towards him. Standing in front of him, between his legs. I place my hands on his shoulders. "I'm sorry. What happened?"

"Does it matter?" He asks me.

"No. I guess not." I shrug.

"Why do you think we broke up?" He asks.

"You don't want me to go there." I smile, but he doesn't. He looks at me seriously. "You finally realized that she's a terrible person, and that you deserve much better then her?"

"I've always been amazed by you." He whispers.

"What?" He looks at me sincerely with his deep, dark, green eyes.

"You heard me. I know you did."

"I heard you, I just don't believe it." I drop my hands and step away from him.

"That's understandable." He nods. "I'm going to bed."

I watch as he lays back, closest to the wall.

"Harry?" I whisper.

"Yes, Princess?" He looks at me with tired eyes. He holds the blanket up, waiting for me to climb in next to him.

"You didn't have to let me sleep here." I tell him.

"I know I didn't have to, but I wanted to." He smiles.

"Harry." I whisper. He doesn't open his eyes. He lays there, eyes closed, face soft, breath slow, curls perfectly fallen against his forehead. I brush a curl back and tuck it behind his ear. I place my hand carefully on his cheek, tracing the outline of his jaw. "Harry."

"Hmmm." He says as he pushes his cheek into my hand.

"I've always been amazed by you too." I kiss his nose and roll over, snuggling into his embrace, staring into the darkness with a strong feeling of content washing over me as I close my eyes and fall asleep to the beat of his heart against my back.