Nineteen

•5 MONTHS LATER•

"Thank you, and good night!" I cheer. I run off stage, handing my mic to a scrawny guy with a headset. I run over to the boys, where Louis, Liam, Zayn, and Niall are standing in a circle facing Harry, who's sitting down. I wrap my hands over his eyes, and lean down to his ear.

"Guess who."

"Jennifer? No. Pauline? No, can't be, we just finished making sweet sweet love in my-"

"Excuse me?" I tease.

"Oh, it's you?" He grins.

I bend over and place my lips on his. "Hey." I smile.

"Hi." He kisses me again, and then stands up. He pulls me to his chest and hugs me tightly. "You were amazing."

"Really?" I pretend to be innocent, and unsure.

He turns us to face the boys. "Guys, wasn't she great?"

"Brilliant." Liam exclaims.

"Fantastic." Niall declares.

"Unbelievably marvelous." Louis calls out.

"She was alright." Zayn shrugs.

"You guys!" I blush.

"And now-" the speakers squeal out Harry's recorded voice.

"That's my cue." Harry kisses me quickly before letting me out of his arms, highfiving the scrawny guy with the headset, he looks over his shoulder and winks at me.

"Good luck!" I shout. He smiles at me and then raises two fingers to his forehead to salute me.

*****

We travel in a tight pack across the dimly lit parking lot to the bus. I start to lag behind the others, yawning and stumbling. Harry squats down in front of me, waiting for me to climb on his back, I do and he carries me the rest of the way. Niall takes his top bunk, Zayn below him, Louis and Liam across from Niall, snuggling close together, and then Harry and I below them. Leia sleeps out on the couch, where occasionally Paul will stay with us and stay out there with her. Zayn doesn't see what's going on between them, but to Harry and I it's obvious. We have been watching them closely to make sure Zayn doesn't get hurt, but with Zayn's obliviousness to the situation their relationship gets stronger. Harry flips the lights off in the back of the bus so the only light comes from the little LED lights that run by the floor to light the walkway. He crawls into bed beside me and holds me close. My phone pings and lights up, but I ignore it and fall asleep in Harry's embrace.

*****

"Absolutely not." Niall shouts.

"Nialler, you know I'm right." Zayn shoots back.

"No, I do not know that." Niall squawks.

I open my eyes and uncover my face from the blankets. Harry is sitting in the booth on the right side of the bus with an amused look on his face. He looks back to where I was sleeping and he sits up, immediately upset.

"I told you guys to keep it down!" He scolds them. "I fucking told you, you'd wake her up."

I roll out of bed on to the floor like I have been for the past five months. It started out as me falling out of the bed and hitting the floor, but I have since mastered the move and look somewhat graceful when I do it. I walk out into the living area of the bus and sit on the couch, with my legs close to my body. Normally I would not feel comfortable with a bunch of boys seeing me in my pajamas, but I quickly got over that insecurity. "It's fine, really. I was waking up anyways."

"Sorry Sar." Niall says.

"Yeah, sorry." Zayn chokes out after Harry punches his arm, making him swallow his pop tart prematurely.

"Sula, my girl you're awake!" Liam cheers. He sits beside me and relaxes. "Did you check your phone? It was going off quite a bit last night and then some this morning."

"Really? I'm sorry." I say to everyone. "The only people that I talk to are right here on this bus, so I don't know who it could be."

I get up and walk back to my bed, where my phone lays face down. I pick it up, turn it on and stare at the full screen. 7 missed calls and 12 texts, all from the same unknown number. I unlock my phone, typing in the four digit number and go straight to my messages.

Gorgeous, you were amazing.

Pretty girl, you looked fantastic. Did you do something with your hair?

Sarah, my sweet angel you were glowing on stage.

I always knew you had it in you.

You should have stayed on stage, everyone loved you.

I love you.

I miss you.

Remember when we were younger and you'd play for me?

I remember that.

Can' you play for me babygirl?

I deserve you.

I need you back.

With each text my skin gets colder and colder. A lump the size of a football rises in my throat. No, this can't be happening. How did he get my number? It can't be him. He's gone, locked up, put in jail. It's not him.

Louis walks back and looks down at my phone. "What is it?" He asks, looking worried.

I hand him my phone and let him read the texts. "It's him."

Louis looks up at me, horrified. "But how?"

"I don't know." I shake my head.

"You have a voicemail." He tells me.

"What?"

He hands me my phone, showing me the little red one by my voicemail. "Do you want me to go?"

"No. Stay." I beg. We walk as far back as we can, sitting down on the floor. I put the speaker phone on and hold the phone between us. I push play and wait.

"It's been a long time Sare-Bear. You've played in nineteen cities and baby, I've been to every single one. You look great Sare. I've missed you. And I know you've missed me. I can tell from the way you sing to me. It's just like old times. It can be like that again. It will be like that again. I promise. I love you baby girl. See you soon."

The phone stops making noise and we sit there in silence.

"This can't be happening." I whisper.

Harry looks back at Louis and I on the floor, he looks concerned.

"You have to tell him." Louis says.

"I can't." I tell him. "If I tell him, he'll go crazy, he'll be angry, and he won't stop."

"Eric isn't going to stop either. You know that."

Harry starts to walk back to us. "I have to tell him."