Sixteen

"Fuck." Harry shouts as he throws his phone in the couch. "Fuck."

"Okay, what's wrong?" I ask as I save his phone from being picked up and thrown again.

"It's my sisters birthday." He says.

"And you forgot?" Trying to guess what the problem is.

"And she's turning sixteen."

"And this is bad?" I ask.

"Very bad." He paces back and forth. I pick up his phone and dial the one person I thought could help.

"We need you. Hurry." I hang up before the person can respond and grab Harry's hand and lead him to the couch. I sit him down and we wait for our savior to arrive.

*****

"What seems to be the problem?" Louis asks.

"It's her birthday." Harry tells him. "She's sixteen."

"I know! It's exciting, we get to go to a party, give her a present, eat some cake, and then leave." Louis explains. "Our sweet little Gem is practically a woman."

Harry groans, curls into a ball and lays his head in my lap. "There are going to be boys there. Mum told me. Lots of them."

"What?" Louis sits on the floor cross legged. "Boys? It's too soon for her to be around boys."

"She's sixteen, I'm sure she's very in to boys by now." I tell them. They both glare at me. "Or not, boys are bad, terrible creatures that one should never associate with."

"Better." Harry says.

"I don't see what the big deal is, if she's any bring like you two she can definitely hold her own with anyone." I say.

"You're right. You're absolutely right." Louis agrees.

"She tends to do that." Harry adds. He looks up at me from my lap with a small smile that he tries to make a scowl, but fails. "You're coming tonight, right?"

"I have to work." I tell them. They both sit up and stare at me.

"But you have to come." Louis says.

"I need you to be there with me." Harry says.

"I know, that's why I called this morning and took the night off." I smile. Louis pulls my pillow from Harry's bed and throws it at me.

"Not cool, blue eyes."

*****

It's five thirty when we arrive at Harry and Louis' house. The four of us stand outside looking at the door. I smooth out my dress with one hand, as my other arm is looped with Harry's and he's holding on to it tightly.

"Should we knock?" Liam asks.

"The doorbell works." Louis tells him, but Harry and Louis stand there, straight faced and pale.

"Would you like me to push it?" Liam asks Lou.

There's no response. Liam has a look of defeat on his face by the lack of response in Louis. He grabs his hand and rests his chin on Louis' shoulder, whispering into his ear. I look over at Harry, who hasn't moved. "Harry."

He snaps back into reality and looks over at me. "Yes, Princess?"

"Do you need me to do it?" He nods like a child and holds my hand. I step closer to the door, knock and then step back to Harry's side.

The door is quickly opened by a very pink Rupert.

"Mister Harry and Sir Louis." He exclaims with relief. "Please do come in."