Chapter 7

Grocery list: http://www.vertex42.com/Files/pdfs/2/grocery-checklist.pdf

-----------------------------

Justin's pov

When we got back from grocery shopping it was close to being 11 at night and all three of us were exhausted.

We team tagged in carrying and putting away the groceries. I carried the baby inside and took her upstairs.

The bassinet was set up in my room so she would be sleeping there until we finished the nursery. I grabbed the swaddle blanket thing that this one mother in the isle insisted I get. She said it was the best thing she ever bought and I must have them. I wrapped the baby in the blanket and placed her in the bassinet to sleep.

I set the monitor up and went back downstairs to help finish with the groceries. Kayla and Danny had most of them put away by the time I got down there. I helped them finish putting them away and then we all piled into the living room.

"Where am I crashing tonight?" Kayla asked.

We all looked at each other expecting someone to speak up.

"There is a guest room in the basement. That can be your room if you want. Or there is one upstairs." Damon spoke up.

"I think I will take upstairs. Just to be closer to the baby and to help Justin out." Kayla said.

We all nodded and I showed her where it was at. I gave her a pair of sweatpants and t-shirt.

We would have to go get her stuff tomorrow morning. She closed the door and I quietly went to my room.

I decided to keep a stash of formula, water, bottles, diapers, burp cloths and you list it in here to make it easier. I changed into a pair of pj pants and took my shirt off. I plugged my phone in and crawled into my bed. It didn't take less then five minutes and I was out.

-------------------------------

I woke up a little groggy and with a baby on my chest. Kayla was sleeping soundly next to me. Alayna was up all night last night being fussy.

Eventually we got her asleep and I guess we passed out right after them. Alayna was sleeping peacefully on my chest and I didn't want to move and wake her up. She needed changed though I could tell.

I sat up gently and she only grunted a few times but stayed asleep. I laid her in the bassinet and went downstairs to grab her an outfit and the bath stuff. I found the outfit I wanted and carried it all upstairs.

I took the bags into the bathroom and dumped them out. I googled quickly how to do it and what I should do to be safe and what not.

After I read I placed the baby tub in the bath tub and turned the water onto to Luke warm. I tested it with baby thermometer and when it was right I went to go get Alayna.

She was wide awake in her bassinet. I picked her up and brought her into the bathroom. I carefully undressed her, but left her diaper on.

I took a damp cotton round and wiped around her eyes and then grabbed a wash cloth. I dampened it and washed her face gently and behind her ears and in the creases of her neck.

When I finished washing her face I moved onto washing her hair. I held her the way it said to and gently got her hair wet using the wash cloth. I then got a small amount of the baby wash and massaged in into her hair.

She had a lot of hair too. When I finished with that I rinsed it out and washed her body. She was so tiny that it literally only took two minutes to wash her.