Taken

"Dad, Please don't go. Please"

I close my eyes, the last thing registering in my mind being blood. Blood everywhere.

"Dad!!!" I screamed and my eyes fluttered open, my breathing heavy. Another fucking dream. The room was dimly lit as only traces of sunlight escaped through the drapes that hung, covering the windows. I looked around, the alarm clock reading 7:00AM

I let out a soft sigh as my mother's voice is heard from downstairs. "Jessica, you're late, hurry up and come downstairs"

I quickly shower and put on a simple outfit of a tee and jeans, not really giving two shits or taking the effort to actually dress well for school. I grab my phone which lay on the dressing table and unlock the screen to find no new texts or messages. Yeah, you guessed it right. I had a lot of friends. 

"Somebody should give you an award for being late all the time" My mum says handing me breakfast as I make my way to the counter.

"I'm not that hungry" I nonchalantly tell her.

"Everything okay?" she asks, a small frown settling on her face as she rests the plate back on the counter.

I pause for a while, biting my lip, debating whether to bring the issue up or not. "I had another one of those dreams, mum" I say in a soft voice. "Now they're starting to scare me"

"Which dreams?" my mum asks, her voice laced with concern.

"About...dad" I say, whisper, almost.

"Oh, honey" she says, her expression saddening. 

My dad had passed away when I was five. It was an accident, I still remember, my mum coming home late from office, all teary eyed as she broke the news to five year old me. I still miss him dearly, pictures and old memories being the only string that reminded me of him. 

"It's gonna be okay" she says, forcing a small smile. She knew I had been having the dreams much too often these days and they weren't pleasant at all. They were of the worst kind, having to see their father die in front of their eyes wasn't exactly the best of dreams to have. Nevertheless, her expression soon faded into one of worry. "Now come on, you're late for school"

"Yeah, okay" I say, as I grab a chocolate bar from the fridge and head my way out, waving my mum goodbye as I walk out the door, to meet one of my 'friends' Clara, at the bus stop. Random topics occupied my train of thoughts on the way to the stop, only to be disrupted by a shrill voice and the reminder that I was already at the stop now. 

"Hey jess" she said.

"Hey" I smiled, forcing a smile. Everything was fake, just like my smile. Every one of them were fake. Giving a fuck about anyone wasn't something these people did.

"Oh my god guess what?"

"What?" I manage to say, completely uninterested but forcing myself to be polite.

"I met Jake at the party last night and-"

And the rambling begins. I almost curse myself for coming in early. Although I couldn't really care about whatever her and that Jake guy did, I found myself nodding along and giving occasional replies like "Yeah" and "oh", that made me look like I was listening to her.

"Hey guys" Steph said from behind us, and I swear I have never been more glad to see a familiar redhead. Even though these guys only "used" me whenever they wanted, and basically talked shit about me to everyone at school, these guys were the only "close to friends" people I had and well, being with such people is much better than being alone. I could be wrong, but hey, being a loner wasn't really an option for me. Much as I hate to admit, being alone was one of my biggest fears. And I'd do anything to avoid that.

Even be around with fake people? maybe

The bus arrived in five minutes and made a stop. But their rambling didn't. As soon as they got on the bus, Steph and clara met up with their other friends as I sat down by the window in one of the seats and plugged in my earphones. Blissful ignorance. I knew that Steph and clara only tolerated me when the other people from school weren't around. Well, that was better than being ignored all the time, wasn't it? Suddenly my phone buzzed and I saw that It was a text from Amelia, my cousin and the only person I could possibly rely on anytime. Problem was, she lived thousands of miles away. So, texting and facetiming was the only way I could get through to the person who truly cared about me.

"Hey" I texted back.

"Good morning, douchebag. Have a nice day" she replied

"Idiot. You too" I reply

"I have a french exam right now. I'll text you later" She replies

"Good luck, dont fail" I texted her back as I could imagine her cussing. Chuckling silently, I turn on the volume. A couple songs later and we were already at school. I got down from the bus as I could hear the girlish screams and talking from the last seats of the bus, where Steph and her friends usually sat. I walked inside, as I saw people rushing around me. 

Suddenly the bell rang and I rush to my biology class. I end up sitting in the middle of the row and watch as Clara takes the seat behind mine and Steph behind hers. They were with their friends again, and I could hear them whisper and mutter. I knew it was about me when I could hear someone mention my name and a second later, Steph muttering "bitch" loud enough for me to hear. But hey, I pretended that It didn't care. Even though it hurt. It did hurt. 

  "Good morning" The teacher said and walked in the class. A small chorus of replies could be heard, the majority already planning to sleep off, as far as I knew. The teacher demanded everyone's attention as he spoke aloud "This year, class, we are going to divide the whole class into groups and one assignment is assigned to each group, and thing is, you'll have one week to finish that. End up not finishing, and there's a C on your paper. And throughout the whole year, there's going to be 10 assignments in total, and 5 of them are mandatory, you'll have to complete them or else-"

"Or else what?" One boy interrupted

"Harry Styles, im pretty much sure you don't want to enjoy detention for one more week, so it's better you don't interrupt me" The teacher says and turns towards his desk.

Harry, on the other hand, mocks him and turns to face his idiotic friends who laugh along.

The teacher frowns and signals for the class to stay quiet. "Or else, you will not receive the promotion card for next year" "Now let's start making groups. Ill announce the names and you'll have to stand up" he said.

I have to admit, I was pretty much excited at the idea of working as a group. Just as I was wondering which people i would prefer in my group, I hear my name being called out.

"Jessica sanchez" the teacher said aloud. I was too drowned in my thoughts when i suddenly felt Clara nudging me. "Your name is being called out" she reminded me.

"Oh" I stand up awkwardly, wondering who else was in my group. 

"Jessica sanchez, sorry to disturb you,but you need to stand up" the teacher remarks, sarcastically. I glare at him for a few seconds before looking around for my "new" groupmates. 

"Julia, Niall, Louis" The teacher said aloud

I stood there abruptly. All these people were good, but they really weren't the people i had expected in my group.

"Harry" the teacher finally said.

Oh great.