Chapter 28

You like the tattoos?

I close the door as an involuntary smile creeps on my face.

Won't you kiss me goodbye?

I gasp as I nearly trip the stairs. I need to stop thinking about him.

Maybe I'll tattoo your name

But why can't I stop? Why am I falling for him?

Suddenly the phone buzzes and I grab it. "Shit" I mumble as I see over 20 missed calls.

Mum.

"Jesus Christ mum, what is wrong with-"

"Jessica, where are you? I was so scared-"

"I was at Liam's for breakfast" I say

"You could've told me" she says

"Yeah, sorry" I cut her off, knowing that If I say one more word, I'm gonna get a 20 minute lecture

"I just wanted to make sure you're okay" She says. "I'll see you tomorrow morning"

"Yeah, bye" I say and keep the phone on the bed.

I spend the rest of the day doing assignments and reading books. I order pizza for lunch and before I know it, It's already evening. I decide to take a nap but suddenly my phone flashes and I see a text from Liam, asking me to come over for dinner. I quickly dress up and walk downstairs. I take the longer route this time and reach Liam's house in a few minutes.

"I'm hoping you didn't eat anything" He says as soon as I walk inside.

"No, why?" I ask, raising a brow.

"My mum has been preparing since the last 2 hours" He says and I gasp.

I walk towards the table and my jaw almost hits the floor as I see the table, lined with dishes.

"Told you" Liam says, smiling.

"Oh, Jess. You're here" Liam's mum comes out from the kitchen.

"You didn't have to prepare so much-" I start

"Oh, It's nothing. Come on in" She says and I take a seat. After an hour of eating and chatting, I get up from my seat.

"Thank you for such a lovely time, The dinner was amazing" I say and Liam's mum smiles. "I'm glad you had a nice time" she says

"I better get going, It's already late" I say

"Do you want me to come along?" Liam asks

"No thanks, I'll be fine" I smile reassuringly.

"You'll be okay right?" He asks again as I walk out the door.

"Yeah" I say. After waving goodbye to Liam and his mum, I walk outside. Even though the street is deserted, I'm glad that the streetlights are on. After a few minutes, The streetlights start to flicker.

"Shit" I mutter as I realize what's gonna happen.

Suddenly, the lights go out and I was left alone, standing there, in the middle of a deserted street. I dig in my purse to find my phone but I frown as I don't find it.

Shit. I must've left it at Liam's.

I think of going back but then I decide not to. I can get it tomorrow. I remind myself.

"Looking for something?" I hear a voice behind me, making me jump. I turn around to see him holding my phone.

"I was passing by Liam's house and he gave me this" He says, handing me my phone. "Didn't know you were so careless"

"Thanks Harry" I say, ignoring his comment. "Say, what were you doing near Liam's house?"

"Why do you want to know?" He asks.

"I don't know you seem to be around-" I start but I'm interrupted as Harry looks at me. "Are you calling me a stalker?"

"Maybe" I say, biting the inside of my cheek to stop myself from smiling.

"What made you think I would stalk someone like you?"

Ouch.

"I don't know.. I.. You've been like.. following me for the past-" I start

"So, you're calling me a stalker?" He says, dryly. "Well, there's a difference between stalking and observing, you know"

"So, you've been observing me?" I remark, sarcastically. "Why?"

"Because you're mine" He says.

What?

"What did you say?" I ask him

"Nothing" He says and I roll my eyes. Suddenly, I see the streetlights flicker and turn on again as I turn back, walking towards my house.

"Hey, wait up" I hear him say as he jogs and starts to walk beside me.

"This is not the alley" I say in an attempt to get rid of him.

"I know that" he snaps. "Just thought you'd like some company"

"I'm fine, thanks" I growl

After a few more minutes of awkward silence, he speaks up.

"So, you're alone at home?" He asks, smiling as my eyes widen at his question.

"What?!" I turn towards him

"Nothing" He slightly chuckles and starts texting on his phone as I try to push away the slight fear arising in my mind. I trust him, yes I do. I trust him enough to know that he would never take advantage of me. But the slight fear nagging at the back of my mind refuses to go away as my mind races with endless questions. What if he's just using me? What if I'm just another girl to him? 

After a few more minutes of walking which seemed like hours, I turn towards the gate.

"Where are you going?" He asks

"Home" I reply opening the gate and walking inside.

"Won't you invite me inside?" He asks and I can practically picture him smirking.

"No" I say, opening the door and walking inside

"Why not?" He says, walking towards the door.

"Just go away, Harry" I say, trying to close the door as he stops it with his boot.

"Why not?" He asks, smiling.

"I said, go away" I say and try to slam the door in his face but I'm taken aback as he pushes the door and walks inside.

AN: Please don't forget to vote, share and comment and plus, thank you so much for 1.7K ily all so much xo