Chapter 43

*Jessica’s POV*

I sighed deeply as the bell rang, and all the students got up to leave. I gathered my supplies, and my bag, hurrying out of the empty classroom but I stopped at the door, hearing someone call my name.

“Yes mam?” I say, standing at the door.

“Jessica, can I talk to you for a few minutes?”

I nodded, since this was basically the last class of the day and the bus would usually be a bit late. I walked towards her table as she motioned for me to sit down in the seat in front of her table.

“Is everything alright, dear?”

“Yes, mam”

“You seemed kind of distracted”

“I’m, not feeling that well” I lie, soon faking a small smile. “but I assure you, everything’s alright”

“Oh, okay then” she said, a small smile on her face as well as I excused myself, rushing out the door as quickly as possible. Of course, I was distracted, but I didn’t think she would notice.

No matter how much I tried, or concentrated to push the thoughts away, I couldn’t. I didn’t know why, but throughout the day, I could of nothing other than him. That devilish smile was enough to make my knees go weak. I tried too much to ignore it, but I just couldn’t. I just couldn’t ignore the fact that I had fallen for him. He consumed my thoughts and no matter how much I tried, I couldn’t think of anything else other than him.

But soon, I was brought back to reality, as I opened the door to the hallway to find everyone staring at me. I froze there for a second, not knowing what to do, eyes wide as everyone’s gaze was on me. I slowly walked inside, and everyone started to murmur amongst themselves. I didn’t know why, I didn’t know what to do. I felt as if every single soul in this hall was talking about me, and my assumptions were proven right when I saw them, standing in the middle of the hallway. I quickly made my way towards the other door on the other end of the hallway, trying my best to avoid their gaze as I passed by them. I expected them to stop me, or hit me, or cuss me out,. But I was beyond surprised when they did none. Consdiering what I had done this afternoon, I expected them to lash out at me. But they didn’t.

I kept my eyes fixed to the floor as I walked not noticing that I had almost reached the door. I was about to open the handle and walk out but for a fraction of a second, I stood there, processing the words I had just overheard.

“I heard she's fucked Jason, the guy from the football team”

“What?”

“Yeah, that’s what they say”

“No wonder they call her the school slut”

And I opened the door, storming outside, before turning back once more to find a group of girls in the middle of the hallway, grinning at me.

They had spread a rumor about me.

As much as I tried not to cry, the tears made their way down my cheeks anyway. I hadn’t even noticed I was crying until I found myself gasping for more breaths, my voice shaky as I walked home. I decided not to take the bus, the last thing I wanted to do was cry, in front of people. I tried my best not to think about it. They can talk shit about you, Jess. I reminded myself, But don’t let them bring you down. Don’t listen to them.

That was what I was afraid of the most. The fact that they’d sat anything about me and I’d accept it. Even though I tried my best not to listen to what they said about me, deep down, It felt as if someone was scarring down those words, making me remember them.

It had almost been a week since I’d cut. But every single time, they said something about me, told me that I wasn’t good enough, I wasn’t like them, I was different, I hated it. Every single word they cussed out at me, scarred me deep down, but I wasn’t gonna show it to them. No, I couldn’t. It would just prove how weak I actually was, making me more of a target for them to go on bullying. I couldn’t show them my cuts, I couldn’t show them my scars.

But instead, I showed them to myself, showed myself who I was. I made my skin a blank canvas, made my blade a pen and the scars that I drew were my paintings. They were the paintings that described who I was.

Whore

Slut

Pathetic

Disgusting creature

That was exactly who I was.

I opened the front door, only realizing later that It hadn't been locked. That meant-

"If it wasn't for you, he would've never left" I heard a familiar voice echo through the hall as I silently walk towards the direction of the voice.

"And I'm sorry, Juliana, I know it's because of me but-"

"And you think this little gift of yours can help me move on with my life?"

"I-"

"I don't need your petty little gifts" I hear her say as I hear a loud thud, assuming she had thrown whatever gift that was, on the floor. I didn't know why she was reacting like this, or who she was talking to. After a few seconds I could hear her footsteps nearing the hall as I raced towards the stairs. I didn't want her to know I was overhearing their little conversation. Just as I was about to take another step, I froze.

"If It weren't for you, then probably, my daughter could've grown up with a father around her" 
She said, her voice cracking a bit, glaring at the stranger who, I assumed, was in her room.

"I'm sorry, Juliana"

"You'd better be" She spat, before turning and walking to the hall, her eyes meeting mine for a split second, and I could see her eyes filled with sorrow, but there was some other emotion behind it as well, that I couldn't exactly put my finger on. Was it anger? Was it pain?

And before she could say anything, I darted off towards my room, slamming the door shut behind me, my mind racing with questions.

Who was that person? And why was she here in the first place?

Hey guyss x

Uhm guys, do you like longer chapters or shorter chapters? just asking tho

Anyway comment and vote pleaseeeee x I'll update faster if there's more comments and votes

peace out x