Chapter 37

*Jessica's POV*

I quickly glance at the red bus standing at the bus stop before I walk the other way. After the incident which happened earlier this day, the only thing I've learnt is, never get on a bus with a red headed bitch on it.

I rub my hands together, warming myself up as I walk down the road. The weather was a bit chilly and I hadn't even brought a sweater along. I turn back and wave goodbye to a boy with a worried expression on his face. After 10 minutes of basically arguing back and forth, I finally convinced Liam that I could walk back home, alone. I basically ignored his suggestions which mostly consisted of him coming along with me but I knew that if he did come along, he would have to go on another round trip, to reach his house, which was on the other side. And plus, I didn't want to cause him any more trouble. I turned back again, walking faster, trying my best to reach home as fast as possible.

I just had the most fucked up birthday ever. I say to myself, walking down the street and I shiver as a gust of cold air hits me.

"I'm gonna teach you a lesson you'll never forget"

I deeply frown as I force myself not to think about it, because if I do, I know I will end up crying. Well, crying isn't the answer to everyhting. 

I rub my hands together to keep myself warm against the chilly weather. Suddenly, I almost jump as I feel something being placed on my back.

"Wha-" I turn back, greeted by a familiar face

"You'll need it" He says, his rosy lips forming a small smile, enough to make my heart flutter.

"No Harry I-" I try to protest but he silences me by putting his finger on my lips.

"Wear it"

I smile as I wear the jacket. To be honest, I'm actually quite relieved to see Harry. I haven't seen him since morning and as much as I hate to admit the fact, I missed him. But- my subconcious reminded me. He wasn't there for you. He wasn't there when you were locked up in a room. He wasn't there when you were crying. He wasn't there.

"Say, how was your day, love?" He asks, his voice a bit raspier than usual as he looks at me and I feel the blood rushing to my cheeks. As much as I hate to admit it, I just love the fact that he called me love. I open my mouth wanting to say something but suddenly I stop as I notice something.

"What is that?" I ask, pointing towards the white cloth wrapped around his arm.

"Oh this" He says, looking at his arm. "I got a new tattoo"

"Oh.. You  bunked school today to get a tattoo?"

"Yeah" he says, a small smile on his face.

He was getting a goddamned tattoo when you were crying for help, my subconcious reminds me but I push the thought away as I see worry flashing over his face.

"What's wrong?" He asks, his emerald gaze on me.

"Uh.. nothing" I say, forcing a small smile. "So..." I say, quickly, trying to change the subject. "Show me your tattoo"

A playful grin forms on his face as he slowly removes the white cloth, revealing the black ink littered on his arm, forming the image of a magnificent rose.

"Woah its-" I start to say as Harry looks up at me, raising an eyebrow. "I like it" I say and he almost chuckles. "Well, I like it too" he says, walking along with me. And this time, I don't object to him walking along with me. If it would've been the same situation 3-4 weeks earlier, then I would've cussed him out, telling him to go away or something. But now, I don't. Now-