Chapter 10

I grasp onto Liam's hand as I try to stand up and once I finally manage to, Liam puts a hand across my shoulder, helping me up as I grunt in pain, still in complete disbelief of what just happened. He walks me to the nearest chair and helps me sit down.

"Wait here" I turned my head sharply to look at Liam, the tone of his voice all too concerned and most of all, angry. His face had turned a shade a red, as I looked at him, appreciating his concern but at the same time, worried, for Liam wasn't one to get this angry. "I'm gonna find him-"

"Liam don't –" I hold his hand in a feeble attempt to stop him as he glares back. Truth be told, I was sick of it all. And I had gotten used to all the bullying, the teasing and the abuse anyway. Just because it was from a new person this time, shouldn't really bother me, right? The bullying had forced me into accepting all the fact that I was a hopeless case after all.

Then why did it bother me so much that it was him who had done it?

"Jess what the hell is wrong with you?" Liam raises his voice, in an attempt to give me a reality check of the situation. "That asshole fucking pushed you, he fucking pushed you"

"I know" I meekly say, the uncomfortableness in my knees, catching his eye.

"Your knee" He simply states, knowing there's pain there. "Is it because-"

"No it's a different thing" I say, quickly dismissing the matter. "But Liam please don't, not today"

"But Jess-" Liam starts to say, but noticing the expression on my face, his words falter, the anger subsides as he notices that there's something more, something more I've wanted to tell him. I don't know how he does that, but he's the only one who knows exactly what's on my mind. It wasn't that I wasn't angry with Harry, or anything. Fucking hell, he pushed me, and I was angry as fuck, and if my knees were good enough, or if I was in a better condition, I'd even fight back. Or maybe even talk back.

But I was tired. I was tired of the fruitless attempts I'd make at actually fighting back and receiving a much worse response. I was tired of the fact that no matter how much I tried to fight back, to block them out, they still caved their way in, the bullying getting worse and worse.

I was sick and tired of it all.

"I'm too fucking exhausted" I say as Liam takes a seat beside me, my voice cracking a little, as I hated the fact that there was already a lump in my throat, the emotions I hid, forcing their way out. "I'm fucking exhausted of all this shit" I manage to speak, "People hate me, Liam. They fucking ignore me, bully me, they talk about me behind my back, call me a slut and whore and tell me to go die, tell me that no one cares, they make me feel worthless, helpless, as If the entire world is against me, and their words make their way into my head, even if I try to ignore them I-" I break down, unable to hold it in anymore. He had to know.

"I cant believe it" he mutters, mostly to himself, his face filled with an expression of disbelief and sadness. "Jess when did this start? When did-"

"I don't know, I don't know" I keep repeating, the whispering only audible among us. "I don't know what I did to deserve this, I don't know"

"Jess why didn't you-"

The library door swing open and my palms immediately rush up to wipe the tears off my face.

"Oh?" I hear Louis say, pretty sure even though the evident tear stained cheeks weren't there, the puffiness and the redness in my eyes surely gave away. "Jess, you alright?"

Before I could even say anything, Liam speaks up. "Harry fucking styles with the mannerisms of a wild animal, pushed her to the ground because he was mad at someone else"

"What on fucking earth?" Louis says, gasping as he approaches us. "Dude didn't think he would steep as low as hurting a girl" he says as I stare at the floor, the frustration still in me, but I tone it down. "Now who's gonna clean this mess up?"

"Here give me a hand" Liam says and Louis follows as they start picking up the books, And I timidly offer to help, only to receive a "shut up" from Liam and a sarcastic chuckle from Louis. I just sit there, the events dulling in my mind, as I listen to the mindless chatter of Liam and Louis, glad they decided to avert from the topic of whatever that had happened. Just as I take out my phone to text Amelia, Liam takes a seat beside me and Louis on the opposite end.

"We could've really used a hand, you know" Louis says, in a sassy manner, earning a chuckle and a playful glare from me.

We hear the faint ringing of a bell, each one of us looking at our watches.

"Shit it's the long bell?" Louis says. "Guys im going home, im hitching a ride from someone. Take care, Jess" he says, waving a goodbye to me and Louis as I complain about the fact that I had missed the bus.

"It's okay, My mum is coming over to pick us up anyway" he says as if he had this secretly planned and I knew he would've made me stay till the long bell even if any of this hadn't happened. I thank him and he playfully waves his hand before helping me get up, and putting an arm around my shoulder and steadying me.

And as soon as we start walking towards the door, the door abruptly swings open and the familiar dark haired curly boy walks in.