Chapter 54

*Liam’s POV*

It was 11 PM and she still wasn’t home. It had almost been a day, where could she possibly be? I didn’t particularly know any of her relatives that lived here, and I know Jess good enough for the fact that even if she did go to her realtive's house, she would be back soon. I looked for her in every place I knew and she wasn’t there. She was my friend after all, and she could be in any sort of danger. Knowing so, I just couldn’t pace back and forth in my room and wait. I had to do something.

So I went to his place.

There was a car parked outside, that left me wondering if he had someone over. I took a quick glance at the car, before walking towards the front porch, about to knock on the door. But something made me stop. There were loud, cheering sounds and chatter and laughter filled the room. I decided against knocking and leaned in towards the door, listening to their voices.

“Ohh shit” I could hear two people cheer in unison.

“Harry, mate, wanna bet again?”

“No”

“Come on dude, 20 dollars”

The chatter resumed as I back away from the door. He had some friends over, probably. But I couldn’t help but feel angry at the fact that he didn’t give a damn about her. She had been missing since yesterday and instead of looking out for her, he was hanging out with his damned friends. Well, It was wrong of me to assume that he’d give a damn about her, I thought. He probably didn’t even care.

If he wasn’t gonna find her, then I was gonna find her myself. There was no way I could keep my calm knowing she would be in some sort of danger. As I pondered over the possibilities of where she could possibly be, I walked down the few steps that led to the door, before glancing at the car again. I stood there for a second, still thinking about the possibilities but then I immediately stopped.

It was something in the car that got my attention.

I slowly walked towards the backseat of the car, looking around to make sure no one was around. It seemed like someone was there, probably asleep. She was a girl, her blonde hair was sprawled across the seat near the window. I took a closer look at her-

“Holy shit” I half gasped. “Jess?” I said. I knew it was her. I couldn’t exactly make out her features, but I was beyond sure it was her. I pounded on the glass window, calling her name out. But she just slept there, unaware of what was happening. She looked as if she was in  a deep slumber and no matter how many times I called out for  her, she just wouldn’t respond. I stopped after a few seconds, knowing it would put me in jeopardy if they figured out I was here. I don’t know who had done this to her, or why they had brought her here. But the only thing on my mind was to call for help.

I ran towards the alleyway, hoping to take a shortcut to my house. My mind came up with several possibilities of people whom I could call for help. I took a sharp turn, my breathing ragged from the pace I was going in. Suddenly, I stopped.

“Oh, shut up, Jason”

The redhead, whom I had grown to despise, stood in the far corner with a few people surrounding her. My footsteps had been heard by them as they turned around, acknowledging my presence. The redheard smirked a little, surprised by my presence.

“Going somewhere, douchebag?”

“I need your help” I say, without thinking twice. Right now, I just needed someone to help me, I didn’t care who it was, I just needed help.

“You need help?” She laughed, making the others laugh at well. “I’m glad you realised that today”

“No, I mean it, please” I say, worried that I might be wasting my time, while they could do anything to her. “Please, it’s important.”