Chapter Four. At the beach.

CHAPTER FOUR.

Author's Note: The previous three chapters appear in the final book, London Red. From now on I am selecting scenes that were in the original The Love Box Experiment, but have been edited out or dropped in the published book. 

..................................................................................................................................................

Paul drove the girls out of London, and headed south to the sea. Katie wore skinny jeans and a tank top. The conversation was easy between the three of them. While they chatted he thought back to his last encounter with Katie and wished he hadn't done that changing room thing; it wasn't in his plan to get into anything like that. And as for kissing Katie, he regarded it as a loss of control. His body reacted, she was close, could smell her perfume, and he just leaned in. Paul shook his head, but he had to admit it felt good. 

He remembered, a few months ago, an ex-girlfriend had got too keen; he had told her, sorry, but  I'm focussed on making money, I don't want a relationship. The moment we go to bed you want my attention, I'm not interested. And that's the way he preferred it. Relationships were not for Paul. No way.