Chapter Fifteen, Michelle does it with K

CHAPTER FIFTEEN. 

 Katie met Michelle in a scruffy little cafe in the Kings Road. It was popular with school boys and girls. 

Michelle said, 'Paul doesn't look good. Been in hospital. Asked about you. Are you going to see him?'

Katie moved her coffee nearer. 'Do you know the trouble I was in last night? Father came in from work having seen all the pictures from the FBI.' Katie took a sip of her cappuccino. 'Called Paul a pervert . . . sort of agree with him.'

'Look at it like this, Katie. You had a bloody nice holiday for a week.'

The girls laughed. 

Michelle put her hand on Katie's wrist. 'He wants to see me again, tomorrow.' She shrugged. 'But if you don't want me to go . . . I won't.'

Katie knew Mich was enormously interested in sex and was popular with the boys. In fact a group of boys at another table kept glancing over in their direction. She thought, to hell with them and to hell with Paul. She wondered though why Paul would want to see Mich. She assumed it was for sex, which made her even more angry at Paul. 

She looked at Mich. 'You can have him. Do what you like.' Katie didn't feel entirely right about this, but she was so pissed off with Paul. He hadn't contacted her for a whole week; even someone in hospital could manage a phone call. She had been used, treated like trash, and Katie wanted to forget him.

Later, the girls went up to Piccadilly Circus to meet up with Rachel and do some light shopping.

-O-

The following day Paul made breakfast for himself and Michelle. She had come round early. He apologised for his lack of imagination when it came to cooking. The breakfast was cereal and toast.

'I'll teach you how to cook,' said Michelle, 'if you're a good lover, you can be a good cook.'

Paul wanted to steer the conversation to Katie. 'How is she?'

'Rough. Her father saw your laptop images, so her life is hell. She wants to forget you.' Michelle took a bite of toast. 'I want to see the pics. I won't be shocked, I promise. Let's see them.'

Paul couldn't think of a good enough reason not to get his laptop. Besides, he assumed his best chance of getting to speak to Katie was to have Michelle as a go-between. 

Michelle took the laptop over to the sofa. 'Come and show me Paul,' she said in a sweet voice. 

Although he sat down with a one-foot gap between them, Michelle soon closed the distance by pushing her frame closer and nudged Paul's hips.

'Ooah,' said Michelle, looking at the pictures.

Paul couldn't help notice the jean shorts, cut high, and the tight white shirt, nipples pushed at the fabric, which made it obvious she wore no bra.

'This film is sooo sexy. Did you love Katie?'

'Still do.'

'I'll try and make it okay for you.' Her hand had closed over his upper leg. 'Katie and I have a special thing with each other, if you know what I mean.' She edged her body in to Paul, looked at his face, and let her hand drift up to near Paul's groin. 'Can you keep a secret?'

Paul wondered if this was going to help him, but nodded anyway.

'Katie and I, we, have a girly thing . . . you know, between best friends.' 

The feel of her hand now touching Paul's manhood did nothing for him. A dilemma lodged in Paul's mind, to pull her hand away or hear the secret. He scrunched his eyebrows.

'Some girls experiment.' She enlarged her eyes as if to say, this is a really big secret. 'We talk, then w&nk, you know, do it.'

Paul was aware as boys grow up they sometimes do things like this and assumed girls do the same. His own upbringing was to be sent away to a boys-only boarding school. Sent at the age of nine, no half terms, just three school holidays each year; to leave at eighteen having grown up among six hundred boys. An education where boys tried out things, among themselves, part of growing up. So it happens and parents know nothing because nothing is said.

He remarked, 'I got nothing against l£sbians, Michelle, or bisexuals, or . . . '

'Not like that. We just do it in the same room, together, to listen to each other in the dark.' She moved her hand over Paul's lump between his legs. 'Don't tell Katie I told you. It's a secret. We swore not to tell anyone.'

Paul was just about to say something.

Michelle said, 'Can I admit something to you, Paul. I find you so sexy, I would do anything for you. Name it and I'll do it.'

Any normal man would have played along, but Paul had got deep enough into this and needed to extract his way out. 'You've told me a secret. So I'll tell you one.' Paul knew to tell Michelle that he loved Katie wasn't going to be any good. 'I had a bad experience in Carmel when the cops arrested me. It was at the wrong time . . . Katie and I were in bed together. Anyway, now I can't get aroused . . .'

'Oh, you poor man. Is that why you're not hard, with my hand on you?'

Thank God, Paul thought. 'There's nothing that will arouse me. I've tried and I can't.' He shifted his position and stood up to get some water.

'What can you do?' said Michelle.

He brought two glasses of water over. His thoughts were on how much he should tell Michelle, because he didn't trust her any longer.

'Paul, listen,' she had stood up and put her arms around his neck. 'I'm on your side. You've had a shock in Carmel. I understand that. It'll take time, but we can work it out, and before long you'll be coming in my hand, I guarantee it.' Michelle drew her body closer to him and kissed his mouth.

He managed to pull away and looked at his watch.

'Well, we can try next time,' she said, while still keeping a smile on her face.

-O-

Katie looked at the text from Paul, 'Just had visit from Mich. Nightmare. Need to see you. Please reply.'

She didn't.

She wondered what Mich had done to deserve the comment 'nightmare'. Katie's two best friends were Mich and Rachel, had known them since they were all children. But she knew Mich was a man-eater, loved sex, loved being wanted. It did occur to Katie that to allow Mich full reign over Paul was foolish. She reflected that she didn't want Paul anyway, in spite of his presence in her dreams, and therefore what did it matter if Mich made it with Paul or not? 

Katie had a text from Mich, 'Seen Paul. Showed me the pics. Might see him again. Meet later? Mx'

Katie replied, 'Come round to my place. Chat and cake. x.' Maybe, thought Katie, Mich didn't hit on Paul.

Another text from Mich, 'I fancy a squish. Oooo xx.'

Katie rolled her eyes, because it meant Mich didn't get her sex with Paul. Instead she was hungry for it and . . . She left the sitting room and went up to her bedroom, opened the window, sky getting grey and raining, leaned out to breath in the damp air, and spoke to an imaginary Paul under her breath, 'one up to you Paul for resisting Mich. Maybe it WAS a smart idea, after all, to send Mich round to tempt you.' She thought about him and would think of him again when she and Mich did some squish. She watched a car drive down the road. 'Why did you not tell me, Paul, of the pics, the film? I would have willingly given myself to you to photograph me. Don't think I can trust you again. You hurt me too much.' 

She saw Mich walking down the road, umbrella up, and waved. Katie went downstairs to get the cakes ready.