Chapter Five. The rain

CHAPTER FIVE.

Paul unlocked their embrace and held her at arms length. 'Well, what can I say?' He scrutinised her, soaked through and still appeared to him immensely attractive. 'You need to get dried.'

Katie shrugged.

'Listen. You're going to do as I tell you. Come.' He grabbed her cold hand and lead Katie across the studio floor to the circular iron staircase. He looked back at the puddles of water on the wooden floor and kicked off his own wet shoes. 'Give me your arm and relaxe your body.' He picked her up in a fireman's lift, draped her across his shoulder, her head hanging down his back, her bum next to his cheek.

He took her upstairs, and up a further set of straight stairs to the bedroom. There wasn't a murmur from the girl he carried as he strode into the bathroom. He carefully put her down, her eyes turning to inspect the modern large tiled room. 'Right Katie. You get into the shower to warm up and . . .'

'In my clothes?'

He rolled his eyes, half smiled, dimple showed. 'No. You're to undress and dump your clothes here on the floor. All of them,' he commanded. 'When you've showered, grab that big towel and come into the bedroom. I'll put out some clothes of mine you can wear or you can have a look through my wardrobe.' He had difficulty keeping a straight face, but he wanted Katie to do what she was told. He didn't have the time to sort out why he had to be dominant.

Paul went over to the shower area; an open plan, all chrome controls, heavy thick glass separating the shower from the rest of the bathroom. He turned the control, and glanced at her. 'Go on then. Undress.' He suppressed the desire to undress her himself, went out and closed the door.

He could hear Katie get in the shower. He went over to a shelf to pull a towel, took his clothes off and kicked them into the corner. Judging by the feelings in his groin, he could see his body was interested in Katie. He hastily dried himself, put on a black polo short sleeve, and an old pair of baggy Quiksilver shorts, no socks, nor shoes. He felt safer having clothes on. 

Just then he heard a yelp from Katie and he rushed over to the closed door. 'You alright?' he called through the door.

'Yup. This pencil shower came out cold.'

Paul reckoned she must have turned on the second, hand-held shower. This always shot out cold water initially. Deep down he experienced a happiness which he hadn't known before and smiled. Where did that come from, he wondered?

He called through the door, 'I'm going to make us some coffee.' None of his clothes would fit her, but he threw some onto the large double bed. He left cupboards and drawers open for Katie to choose, and went downstairs to the kitchen. His Rolex showed 10.30 and the rain still poured down outside.