Chapter 16

Blaze here with the newest chapter. I hope you like it!

Pebblescar pulled his claws from the still twitching corpse on the ground, watching as the blood dripped off of his paws and streamed down the fallen body. For a moment, all he could do was watch it pooling on the grass, lapping gently at his feet and staining everything red.

"Thrushpaw? Where are you?" A voice called in the distance. Pebblescar licked his lips, imagining the feeling of his claws sinking into the rival Warriors, feeling the blood run out of their still warm bodies. Then his mind cast towards his own Clan, and what the little apprentice had told him. They were fighting the rogues. That meant a lot of bloodshed, and he was curious to see wether his Clan would last.

He looked at the apprentice once more. He realized with a small jolt that his scent littered the area; a thick tang of blood and RiverClan would surely direct ThunderClan towards his old Clan. And with the way he had ravaged this body, there would surely be war. ThunderClan were not known for thinking things through. Now the question was whether he should let that happen.

"Thrushpaw?" The voice sounded again, much closer then Pebblescar could handle. He darted away, running through the forest and from his mild guilt even as his lips curled into a smirk. From behind him the sickly sweet scream of horror sounded, pushing his paws to run even faster to the camp. 

He broke through the tree line, instinctively hiding himself from general sight by crouching through the tall reeds that filled the area. Now that he was mere fox-lengths away from the camp, he could hear the yowls of fighting cats and the sounds of blood spraying the ground.

Pebblescar slinked towards his camp, watching as one by one unfamiliar cats left the camp, bowing under bruised shoulders and bleeding necks. He shoved through the reeds, making a peephole for himself to peer into the center of the camp.

The first thing his eyes fell on was Troutstar, the traitor leader. Pebblescar watched in glee as three rogues tag-teamed him, sending his large body crashing to the ground. One dug his claws into the leader's stomach, another into his neck, and the third wrenched his shoulder until the tom was shrieking for mercy. 

I always knew he was weak, Pebblescar thought with a sneer, Look at him getting pummeled by those rogues- cats that aren't even Warrior-trained. Who chose him to be leader? Pebblescar failed to notice that the leader was ragged, bleeding already from multiple wounds and exhausted from defeating so many other rogues already. He didn't realize that the tom was pinned by cats who were fresh into the battle, who had yet to lift a claw except for that moment to attack the leader. What the tom did notice was the flash of silver that came to his rescue.

Minnowfrost!

The gray and white she-cat slammed into the first rogue she saw, tearing him from Troutstar's body. The scraggly golden brown tom never even got the chance to defend himself before Minnowfrost tore out his throat with her powerful jaws. Pebblescar's jaw dropped open as she whirled back around, falling upon another tom who was clinging to Troutstar. That new tom was quickly abandoned on the ground, still twitching and writhing even as the life left his eyes. Troutstar quickly took care of the last tom, dropping his body without care on the dirt beside him. 

Pebblescar watched with amazement as  Minnowfrost dug her paws into the ground, spitting out a glob of blood.

"Are you alright?" Troutstar questioned her. Pebblescar's eyes narrowed as Troutstar limped forward, checking her for any injuries but Minnowfrost jumped away from his touch as if he had burned her.

"I..I'm fine," she gulped in air, panting with harsh breaths that stung the air. "Was that the last of them?" Pebblescar admired her strength, watched the smooth fur of her pelt shift with her pawsteps as she circled around Troutstar. He loved that she-cat so much.

As she asked her question, more cats from RiverClan appeared from other corners of the camp. They gathered around Troutstar and Minnowfrost, all looking ragged and weak compared to the beautiful Minnowfrost. One tom in particular  broke free from the crowd, cuddling up next to her in a way that disgusted Pebblescar. He didn't deserve her. Reedstorm would never be worthy of her; Pebblescar was sure of that.

"They'll be back. For now, let's fix everything up." Troutstar mewed.

"Anyone who is drastically injured, head directly to the medicine cat den," Troutstar instructed, "anyone with some strength left in them, help me remove bodies from the camp. We can..." Pebblescar blocked him out, using his stealthy vantage point to scan the cats in front of him. They were broken. He could see it in their eyes, the lack of idea and thought. They followed a weak leader, and he made them pliable and silly in return.

How can I ruin them? He asked himself, withdrawing into the shadows of the reeds. What can I do to make them break? Make them suffer for making me suffer. 

As he thought, he realized that he had already left a present for them. It would do as a wonderful start. A war with ThunderClan right in the middle of this conflict with these rogues would leave the cats battered and bruised. The chances of this easily solving itself was low.

"What's that?" A cat appeared, very close to the reeds where Pebblescar was hiding. He withheld a snarl as he backed away, cursing the cat in his head. He darted away once more, heading towards the forest where he knew an old badger set was. He could rest in there, plan and plot RiverClan's demise.

Yet when he curled up in the badger set, he felt a heaviness come over him, and with a sigh Pebblescar fell into a deep sleep. 

"..lescar. He was such a wonderful deputy. Where do you think he is? He was fighting like a beast."

Pebblescar shot up, almost hitting his head on the tree roots above him. He peered out in the darkness, ears flicking this way and that in attempt to find where those cats were.

"I don't know. We haven't even found his body. Minnowfrost is absolutely devastated!" A new voice called, even further then before. The RiverClan scent was just soft enough that now he couldn't tell which cat was speaking.

"We think those rogues took him with them. He was still fighting, but they dragged him away from camp and we haven't found him yet. Not even a scent trail! I hope we catch something soon. No blood trails is a good thing, right?" The voices murmured,  and Pebblescar listened in disbelief as they wandered off.

What in the world was going on?